The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to be Thankful, or nah?

JeremyCuddles

:blink:

Name a bottom 6 better than ours. Also let's put the sedins trophies aside I guess... But according to www.leftwinglock.com/line-production/ the sedins and vrbata line are 6th in goals.

The defence is 8-12, not sure how I can argue that aside from watch every game

LOL you're comments never seem to surprise me. This team has 4 lines that can match up to any team. The bottom 6 is easily the NHLs best. No doubt. The second line has provided scoring when needed this year and won us games. They still haven't even gelled as well as they can. The top line has 2 super stars and a sniper. Goaltending is a vezina winner and a highly touted backup. Defense isn't world class and definitely not top 5 in the nhl if you ask me. It is 8-12th though.

The team is 3rd in the toughest division in hockey. Technically second since they have 2 games in hand on the sharks and sit only a point back. They've beaten elite teams this year in the hawks, sharks and ducks...

Yet you somehow find a way to be pessimistic about it.

I think you're better of playing nhl 15 so you can finish the season 82-0 so you'll be happy.

This team is under a new coach, gm, president... Diet etc everything. They've done extremely well given the circumstances and will only continue to get better.

Our top line has shown that they don't match up well against bigger, faster players. I don't consider the Sedins "super stars" anymore. No contender would have Higgins and Burrows on the second line. Higgins is a 3rd liner, and Burrows is a 3rd liner, unless he's playing with the Sedins. Our bottom 6 has played very well, but lets not get ahead of ourselves here. They are not "easily the NHLs best". If you want to refer to Miller as "a vezina winner", then might as well call up Cheechoo and Heatley, let's hope they pot 50 again. Miller has been mediocre.

Our defense is horrible. Edler and Tanev have been a good pairing, but Bieksa, Stanton, and Sbisa are all bottom pairing guys. Weber is a #7 guy. And let's not forget, we are very little offensive contribution from these guys

teams that are better than the Canucks:

Anaheim- they are a better team in general. Their 51 points speaks for itself. Kesler up against the Sedins is not pretty. We don't have anybody that can shut Getzlaf and Perry down.

Pittsburgh- A team that has Crosby and Malkin will always be feared. Are they better than the Canucks? maybe.

Chicago- nothing needs to be said about what they are. 2 stanley cups and the best team on paper

St. Louis- we've been beating them in regular season, but in a 7 game series, they have the personnel to grind it out, and their defense is amongst the best in the league

Montreal- better goaltending, better defense, and their forward group is as deep as the Canucks.

Tampa Bay- this team can score, and their group of defenseman is very good

San Jose- this team has regressed in the past few years, but their defense is still good, and they have a lot of firepower up front.

Los Angeles- nothing needs to be said here

Boston- not the same team that it once was, but they have a good group of defense, and they are still dangerous nonetheless

other teams that aren't far off: Minnesota, Dallas, NYR

I don't define this team as elite

Name a bottom 6 better than ours. Also let's put the sedins trophies aside I guess... But according to www.leftwinglock.com/line-production/ the sedins and vrbata line are 6th in goals.

The defence is 8-12, not sure how I can argue that aside from watch every game

Detroit, LA, Chicago have good bottom 6

Anaheim- they are a better team in general. Their 51 points speaks for itself. Kesler up against the Sedins is not pretty. We don't have anybody that can shut Getzlaf and Perry down.

Really? That's interesting. I disagree. Did you watch both games this year? We matched up quite well and bones and company shut down their top line with ease.

Pittsburgh- A team that has Crosby and Malkin will always be feared. Are they better than the Canucks? maybe.

Not at all. Not even close. 0 depth no chance they are near us and we showed already by spanking them with our backup

Chicago- nothing needs to be said about what they are. 2 stanley cups and the best team on paper

Yes they are our best competition. No team has a better record against the hawks than the canucks do since 2011 though. Plus we were clearly the better team in the 1 game so far

St. Louis- we've been beating them in regular season, but in a 7 game series, they have the personnel to grind it out, and their defense is amongst the best in the league

Ok so our regular season wins don't count because... Well your reasoning is horrible and I disagree

Montreal- better goaltending, better defense, and their forward group is as deep as the Canucks.

Yes better goaltending. One of the softest teams in the nhl, would get crushed by Vancouver in 5 or 6 games at most

Tampa Bay- this team can score, and their group of defenseman is very good

Refer to above.

San Jose- this team has regressed in the past few years, but their defense is still good, and they have a lot of firepower up front.

I believe the sharks are a threat to us as are the ducks and hawks. They haven't improved though.

Los Angeles- nothing needs to be said here

Same as above. I consider them elite. Very deep team but minus Mitchell voynov might help us out.

Boston- not the same team that it once was, but they have a good group of defense, and they are still dangerous nonetheless

Don't see them as a threat in 7 games.

other teams that aren't far off: Minnesota, Dallas, NYR

I don't define this team as elite

Well then I'll be laughing at the end of the year

My replies are above. On mobile so couldn't make it neater.

Detroit, LA, Chicago have good bottom 6

I'd say closest to our bottom 6 is LA. But if healthy I'd take our bottom 6 over theirs any day of the week

Detroit's and Chicago are good... Not as good as ours. Not to mention our 4th line took it to Toews Keith Seabrook and company. They were minus 11 combined if I'm not mistaking thanks to our bottom 6.

The bottom 6 is the best in the nhl. I don't doubt it for a second. I didn't predict it coming into the season, but so far they have been hands down the best bottom 6 in the nhl.

It's always time to be thankful. Just not always for hockey. I am thankful that we are back to a more exciting brand of hockey. I am thankful that Torts is long gone. Also we are finally going to the net instead of establishing a perimiter game first. We have a better stocked prospect pool with good players coming up. My wish list includes more d-men in said pool.

I am thankful for everyone on this team from management to coaches to players. My husband is on palliative care and having this team to cheer for (win or lose) is a wonderful reprieve from the stress of his health. I appreciate the people I read on here and am trying to get to know some better (it is a slow process though as there are so many on here and it is hard to know who is willing). I love having somewhere to go to see different opinions and learn about hockey even more. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year. Looking forward to our mini California road trip next week. :rolleyes::lol:::D

So everyone who was a Canuck on the 2011 team that is now gone you call a "diva"? I have no doubt that you would be cheering for them just as hard if they were still on the team.

You're not a Canucks fan if you're thankful that they didn't win a cup. The denial im your post is very evident.

Benning asked ehrhoff but he ignored and pick penguins what would have been if he returned

Pretty much thankful for everything. Linden and Benning knew that to win you have to roll 4 lines, Torts and Gillis thought of the 4th line as an extra line that you through in when we are winning and the other lines need a rest.

Very thankful for trading Kesler, love the guy but when someone wants out you get them out. Avoided a Luongo 2.0 haha. WD rolls 4 lines and allows the young guys have good ice time - Horvat on the PK, haven't seen a rookie on special teams for a very long time here, maybe since Kesler?

Linden and Benning gave WD more to work with, we may need some pieces, but as I've said we can at least roll 4 lines now. We have 12 forwards that I am comfortable with playing every night.

Lol^

I'm thankful for having our new GM with a distinguished background in scouting and as assistant GM to a recent cup winner. (Suck it Bruins)

I'm thankful my all time fave Canuck is back where he should be, shaking hands and kissing babies. #16 forever.

I'm thankful to see bounce back years from our core, maybe not completely on the scoresheets, but as a generalization. They look like they're having fun again.

I'm thankful for our infusion of youthful talent in our system.

I'm thankful for the collousal ass whuppin of the 'Yotes last night :P

Last, but most certainly not least, I'm thankful for CDC. The debates, the great posts and poor grammar (myself included after a few), and endless trolling is always entertaining and educating.

Merry Christmas all. Have a safe and happy holidays.

The bottom 6 is the best in the nhl. I don't doubt it for a second. I didn't predict it coming into the season, but so far they have been hands down the best bottom 6 in the nhl.

This^^^ I already thought this before last night, and now with the thought of putting Burrows in with Horvat it makes our bottom six even more deadly. All of this, with players still out of the line-up and so many interchangeable parts in the bottom 6, I would agree that they are the most potent for sure.

I am thankful for 20 wins before Christmas.

I am thankful for a front end staff that seems to have a clue. With Trevor Linden at the wheel, and knowing the way he played, I have no doubt what kind of team we are going to have in Vancouver. Quite frankly, I am excited to watch it unfold.

I am thankful for a GM who has a plan. Not just doing things that he thinks could save his job, but a true legitimate hockey-wise plan. One who is willing to STICK to that plan, regardless of public pressure or scrutiny.

I am thankful for WD. This guy, what a guy! His ability to do and say the right thing at the right time to and about each individual player is great. He knows how to get leadership out of veterans, and how to get development out of the younger guys. I think he is going to be instrumental in developing the passing of the tourch with this team. I think his first 20 wins, are just the first of many in Vancouver.

I am thankful to have such a great mix of veterans and young exciting talent at ALL positions. Once again, the Canucks have an exciting brand of hockey to watch. The veterans are doing there job, and teaching the younger players what life is like in the NHL, and what it takes to be successful. The young guns seem to have rejuvinated a lot of the veterans (as was evident with Burrows speaking of Horvat last night), and it has been fun to watch.\

Most of all, I am thankful that the Sedin's are no longer required to block friggin' shots.. WTF*#& was that about Tortellini?? Would you park a Bentley in front of a rocket launcher?? No!! To you I say "Good DAY Sir!!" Jack A$$.

2nd line comprised of 3rd liners. Defense amongst the worst in the NHL. Mediocre goaltending. Definitely elite though

I am thankful for a Virtanen, Demko, Forsling and possibly Cassels competing in the WJC

Bet you will be hating all your Christmas gifts too.

I'm thankful to be enjoying Canuck hockey again. Great to see the guys playing hard and enjoying every minute of it/

Sedins return!

I think it's fair to say they are playing better than last year now.

Vrbata adds even more creativity to the line and in the least, it's made for some fun hockey to watch.

Just grateful for entertaining Canucks hockey again/

I'm thankful that the NHL network guy Boomer Gordon, who picked the Canucks to finish 28th this year is going to have to eat crow big time. Clueless wonder!

I'm also thankful for the entertaining posters on this forum and I'm grateful that the team is playing up tempo hockey again.

Archived