The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Prediction: Canucks will miss the playoffs!

Canucks-12

Clearly says discuss more reasons.

Oh, so this thread is more like "let's predict more reasons why the Canucks will miss the playoffs"...

Sorry, I was confused for a second because I thought this was asking us to discuss why Miller sucks or something. :sadno:

OK let's take this well-thought out thread seriously for a moment:

2 points were made (1/ Canucks will miss playoffs & 2/ Miller sucks) so let's address each individually.

1/ Prediction about 2015 Playoffs (teams I predict will miss): Edmonton, Arizona, Colorado, Carolina, Buffalo

Teams I predict are a lock: Anaheim, Chicago, Nashville, St.Louis, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, NYI, Montreal, Detroit

In summary this leaves 7 spots (4 in west) up for grabs, of which the Nucks are CLEARLY still in the hunt.

2/ Miller sits 26th in GAA (Rask sits 27th) and is at a .907 SA% (Rask is at .911 SA%)...so I guess by the same argument Tuuka Rask also sucks. Interesting, well thought out and researched opinion...congrats (sarcasm). Point being is that GAA, Wins, even SA% are a result of team efforst (reducing quality chances against, shot blocking, rebound control etc). Just ask the Oilers. Right now they could put Quick or Price in net and would still suck. So my prediction is this: as the race tightens up for those last 4 spots, so does WD's defensive strategies...and when all is said and done by year's end Miller will be sitting in the top 20 in all those categories.

Now get to school young man, you're gonna miss the school bus.

Wow OP, you're really going out on a limb with that prediction after the team missed the playoffs last year and in a season this year where everybody and their dogs knew this team would be fighting for that 8th playoff spot anyways.

Prediction: This thread will be locked and you will be banned.

We can only hope.

Hey mister..freedom of speech DOESN'T entitle you to scream out "FIRE!" while sitting in a packed movie theatre. & should our epic saga go badly, we'll all burn proudly!

I believe it was Abbie Hoffman who turned that phrase around to, "Freedom is the right to yell 'theatre!' in a crowded fire."

regards,

G.

Here's why:

MILLER SUCKS!

Please discuss more reasons.

Miller has been awful. He's also managed to be 18-7-1.

The beauty of it is, he's been so bad, he can't implode.

... and I didn't want to be this guy, but I predicted the Canucks might miss the playoffs before the season even started. It's just such a mainstream opinion now.

Archived