The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

The Canucks have never won a home game on New Year's Day so I'm not surprised.

Anyone blaming Miller though I question whether whether they are able to breathe on their own without concentrating. He faced 40 shots compared to our pitiful 16, had a 0.925 SV% which I believe what everyone was complaining about earlier in the season when he was getting wins. He was not the problem when the Canucks were badly outplayed.

Had we won, Miller still would've gotten no credit from the entitled, whiny, fickle fanbase. There's the real problem with this team, the idiotic fans. Can't wait to see you all abandon ship when it truly hits a goalie graveyard again!

Lol Miller... Nice job in the last 2 minutes couldn't even make a save even if he just leaned on the post. Terrible, Lack should start next game.

How do you expect to win close games if your goalie can't make a late save, seriously I could have stopped both shots. On the 2nd one, just lean against the post and Williams doesn't even try to shoot it or it just hits you but no, Miller.

How about the other 38?

Miller was the only reason we were still in the game.

It wasn't a choke, we had no business being ahead 2-0 in the first place we were lucky to have a lead, period.

I consider a choke to be when u lose something ur expected to win, as soon as LA made it 2-1 u just knew they were going to win. They owned us all game

Er, no... it was a choke... and a massive choke..

People have to realize we are not an elite team. We got outplayed tonight by a better team. The team is older, slower and lacks leadership to win and stay aggressive. No big deal....Rome wasn't built in a day and this team won't be as well

+1

The sad thing is that we were so close to "being built" back in 2011. We gave "Rome" the time to get built, we dealt with the growing pains, and we were so close to our "empire" being ready.

And now it's like it was never there. We have to start from scratch again and that, to me, is devastating.

I know most of the team has bee playing well lately, but LA plays a rough hard hitting game, we seem it again tonight, have to wonder why WD didn't play either Kassian or Sestito even just for size and grit.

We got man handled tonight in every facet of the game, maybe evens on face offs. And let's face it the refs didn't do us any favours either.

LA is just Canuck's kryptonite. Canucks could match well with San Jose or win against Anaheim but they always seem to suck against LA. Hate playing that team, hopefully we will never face them in the playoffs.

This is the most embaressed I have felt after a game to cheer for a team.

Lacking leadership, somebody to stand up and fight for this team.

The slowdins aren't leading this team to anything except mediocrity.

Just enough to get into the playoffs and then get bounced in the first round.

Sit out Stanton. Sanguinetti in.

My thoughts exactly. Right now the Canucks have one very good D-pairing (Edler and Tanev) and 2 pairings that would be okay as 3rd pariings but no legitimate 2nd pairing. It will be frustrating if WD does not give Sanguinetti a chance. He shoots R whereas as Stanton shoots left but that should not be a major problem.

+1

The sad thing is that we were so close to "being built" back in 2011. We gave "Rome" the time to get built, we dealt with the growing pains, and we were so close to our "empire" being ready.

And now it's like it was never there. We have to start from scratch again and that, to me, is devastating.

Starting from scratch is better than holding on to a fading dream. Right now we are holding on to that dream. We need to blow it up.

It wasn't a choke, we had no business being ahead 2-0 in the first place we were lucky to have a lead, period.

I consider a choke to be when u lose something ur expected to win, as soon as LA made it 2-1 u just knew they were going to win. They owned us all game

are you serious? That was a choke. 2 goal lead then they stopped playing, thinking they can hold it. They're playing LA for crying out loud. They can easily come back from a 2-0 deficit.

Just because you shoot a lot doesn't mean you play a better game. Canucks played a very puck possession oriented game and they scored two goals against a defensive giant and almost won. Many of you are misguided to say the least.

lol you don't outshoot the other team 40-16 unless you're outplaying them, what game were you watching?

it's not like they were lobbing in weak wrist shots from the point, many of their shots were quality scoring chances.

Therefore Kassian is scratched...

Legitimate.

you can't say that, its all assumptions, you can't be a hundred percent sure he can make an impact to the team in a way, where he's gonna win boards hit hard not gonna be pushed does smart passes, when he haven't exactly shown that this season.

Archived