The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Kings @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm sorry man but you're contradicting yourself. "Did the canucks deserve to win vs the ducks and queens? Probably not, but our goalie was going to steal those games"

I'm glad to see at least you're not of the same ilk who blames Miller for last night...

We got outplayed by a better team all night. We had a solid 1st I thought; we went toe to toe with them and held our own. Then decided to stop forechecking and depend on Miller. Would he have liked that short-side goal back? Obviously. I personally think it was pretty classy of him to shoulder the blame for it post game.

Our team sucked. Tentative and slow footed. Our lack of foot speed is what cost us penalties. Not some fantastical anti canuck conspiracy. It's ridiculous to continue blaming anyone but this core of players.

I'm not contradicting myself. Let me put it simply.

Teams in the NHL don't always deserve to win the games they win. Often it's a goalie that steals the game. Against Anaheim and LA, Vancouver's goalie would have stole those games had the game been called fair.

Regardless, the teams effort wasn't good enough and they need to play better. I'm not letting them off the hook.

But the referee bias did cost us 3 points. Miller alone had those 2 games wrapped up had the canucks not had bullshit offsides, penalties, and non penalties against.

Good goalies can steal games on a nightly basis. Ryan Miller did his part.

Now if the team starts playing to their potential, and Miller keeps it up. Then we'll win games in spite of horrible officiating as we did in quite a few games this year such as both San Jose games.

Again. Don't get me wrong. I don't think we played good enough. But the refs made sure we got as little points as possible.

Pretty simple, the better team won. Canucks cannot hope to win getting outshot most nights.

The defense core needs upgrading and the deadwood needs to be shipped out.

Miller played well enough to win. Why is it so important to blame the goalie every time we lose?

Man, I wish that we were able to get Leddy and Boychuk instead of the Islanders.

Same pattern this team has shown for the last 4 years. Acceptable for a young team but not an excuse for a veteran group like this.

Watching Willie's Presser, he was obviously at a loss to explain such a pathetic effort after a good game in SJ. Jeckyl and Hyde team between Anaheim, San Jose and LA.

He looked absolutely devastated...perhaps starting to understand the challenge AV and Torts faced and the challenge of playing a fast-paced, pressure style of hockey with a team that on any given night has 30-50% passengers.

This is probably the best , most accurate thing i've read on here in ages.

Well, tough game. Canucks deservedly lost. The good news is, this level of getting outchanced isn't sustainable. Hopefully they pick up the slack sooner rather than later.

PS: I'm writing a new blog called "Five for Roughing". I did a game review with more updates to come, just follow the link under my sig :)

Well, tough game. Canucks deservedly lost. The good news is, this level of getting outchanced isn't sustainable. Hopefully they pick up the slack sooner rather than later.

PS: I'm writing a new blog called "Five for Roughing". I did a game review with more updates to come, just follow the link under my sig :)

What's the link? I'm on my phone so I can't see your sig.

The guys blaming Miller can just get out of here. The 2nd goal was a blast!!! No goalie in the league would have taken that! And they way we played this game the third came deservingly, and pretty tough to take since it was a cross ice one timer.

Miller is not to blame, he actually gave us a chance to steal 2 points.

Stanton's penalty killed our game! And Vrbata lost both his man and the puck on the third. But what's more irritating, we're starting to cruise on the ice!? In the start we skated and got momentum, but now, we're just waiting for break aways... why???

Let's hope the whole team skates from the first second tonight!! Go nucks!!

What penalty are you talking about? I never mentioned a penalty. I take it you're referring to the last penalty that lead to the Williams goal? I agree it was a penalty. LA did way worse all night and got away with it. Doughty got away with 3 penalties - the refs obviously were betting on this game.

Also refer to hd71s post at the below link. Clear proof of 3 blown offsides, none of these 3 should have been called off side. It's tough to win a game when you enter the zone onside but the linesman blows the whistle and calls it offside. You know who made those calls? Greg Devorski - the brother of Paul Devorski that handed the canucks THREE 7 MINUTE penalties (5 major, 2 minor) last year at almost exactly this time on back to back games vs the Ducks and Queen's.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/366160-refs-not-even-bothering-to-hide-their-anti-canuck-bias-anymore/page-2#entry12518389

These past 3 games have been fixed. Plain and damn simple. Did the canucks deserve to win vs the Ducks and Queen's? Probably not, but our goalie was going to steal those game. The officials made damn sure to shoot us in the foot anytime they could.

You are now saying there is match fixing in the NHL. Unbelievable.

You are now saying there is match fixing in the NHL. Unbelievable.

Off course there is. As there is in all professional sports with so much money involved. Don't be naive, mankind will do anything for money.

Fifa has been caught many times in match fixing scandals, even qualifiers for the most recent world cup. I've seen enough nhl hockey to know games are fixed in this league as well.

Let me just say I won't be paying 480$ to see that again. Not to mention the face paint, flag and foamie fingers. At least we created entertainment for ourselves, cause the 'Nucks sure didn't do their jobs.

I think the thing is this....when you spend money on a sporting even, it is exactly what you make it. You are not guaranteed a win and I do get that you're saying the entertainment/excitement value wasn't there, but I disagree somewhat.

Although we were badly outshot, we had a lead and had generated at least some scoring. Some games, there's none of that.

Until the absolute collapse with the two very untimely goals, we were about to win that game which, in itself, is exciting. Even if the process wasn't as desired, the outcome was going to be. 100 shots that produce no goals is NOT better than 4 shots that give you a goal. But it happens that their persistence and determination did pay off in the end.

It's always a better time if your team wins but, as you have said, you created your own entertainment and memories were made. The compete level was there for at least some of the game, even if the team did let down at the end (I still saw some there).

Not making excuses....just that people keep getting WAY ahead of themselves here. Not long ago, we could never beat an LA team....yet here we are, at least giving them a fight. The best teams in the league are no pushover...there's a reason it isn't a given. Give them (LA) their props in that (too). So we should just roll over them like superheroes? No. They make it tough out there. We were in a game that most at the start of the year would have written off from the start.

It won't be perfect or pretty....it's a grind out there. And I know there are glaring problems that need to be addressed....but sometimes you get there by the skin of your teeth. I believe that Hamhuis' calming presence and composure in a game where we're ahead and the other teams start to press is huge...people are not recognizing that. There's a void there.

Don't spend the money, that's ok and I get why you wouldn't....but don't be annoyed that the team lost when you did (and I do understand that you're not saying it's because we lost and that it's more about the game quality...but I disagree somewhat). They wanted to win as badly as you wanted them to....they just didn't.

Just as some use the players' salaries to somehow demand flawless execution and performance, ticket prices don't guarantee a win or perfection (either). I never understand why people throw the cost of their tickets out there? "It is what it is" and it's about supply/demand and nothing more. Sit in the nosebleeds as I often do and you're still there and not breaking the bank. Can't really complain after the fact about cost...consider that before and while making the decision to go. And, once you have, live with it and have fun.

Archived