The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

To be honest I think it would be better to move our veterans like Bieksa, Vrbata and Hamhuis during the season when teams are willing to sacrifice youth to make a push.

This is not an offseason that we should be making moves. I don't feel like we would get a good return for anyone else.

We could indeed be major players/sellers at the TDL. Stock right up for that 2016 draft -- we've already cornered the market on 7th rounders ;)

We were in a position of weakness. Forced to move a goalie while being tight to the cap.

To be honest I think it would be better to move our veterans like Bieksa, Vrbata and Hamhuis during the season when teams are willing to sacrifice youth to make a push.

This is not an offseason that we should be making moves. I don't feel like we would get a good return for anyone else.

Exactly. After the dust settles and everyone jumps off the hype train, they'll realize this wasn't the draft to make big moves.

2016 is when we've got the best chance to get a couple more picks in the 1st and 2nd round.

Baertschi is a good player and I would make that deal every day of the week.

The failure isn't trading away that pick, the failure is not being able to restock it despite having tradable assets.

You're telling me Lack and Bieksa couldn't have got a couple 2nds packaged together? Clearly San Jose was interested and now they're without a goalie.

I agree with you that lack and beiksa could of got a couple 2nds. It was speculated tht beiksa needed to be signed to a new contract an San jose weren't ready to commit to his new terms so the deal fell through.

We were in a position of weakness. Forced to move a goalie while being tight to the cap.

I'm curious if we'll see the bieksa to sjs talks heat up again after the draft. I thought I read talks broke down when sjs wouldn't include this year's pick. Benning could start a stockpile for 2016 - which he has stated he likes better in overall depth.

Archived