The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

Except Shirokov played a few games with the Canucks...?

2 games at age 25.

Huge win...

The point is the same. We've gotten guys in the 5th round in Corrado and Cederholm that had more liklihood of playing in the NHL than this guy.

Then pick a guy with ridiculously raw skill, or go with a safe stay at home D-man or physical 4th liner.

Picking below average sized guys with okay skill gets you nothing.

So you wouldn't complain if the Canucks went after another Stewart or Pettit type player...

This is a decent pick. Zhukenov clearly has potential, you can't criticize this pick for at least a couple of years.

2 games at age 25.

Huge win...

The point is the same. We've gotten guys in the 5th round in Corrado and Cederholm that had more liklihood of playing in the NHL than this guy.

And we've gotten guys in they 5th round that haven't even seen the light of day out of the junior leagues.

For every Corrado you get in the 5th round, you get 10 useless plugs. All you can do is look at potential and hope that the prospect grows tremendously in the areas he's lacking. It looks like we have a kid here who has a lot of skill and speed, but needs to grow physically in the next few years.

Heck, he could be the next Gaudreau for all we know.

Even though i never expected this team to get a lot better, i believe this draft has changed a lot of things. Thought it was possible for us to make the playoffs this season, but i would be very surprised to see us make it next year. Most of our division rivals got a lot better, the Kings and particularly the Flames. They made some good moves, while we made no moves, which is concerning considering the situation we're in. I'm not sure if we're going to get a better offer for Bieksa than that 2nd rounder (2016) that San José offered us.
The only way we're making the playoffs, is if some young guys steps in and surprises pretty much everyone. My take is that we will pick just outside the top10 in next years draft.

Archived