The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

There's an extremely small chance any pick turns into their comparable/projected ceiling, besides perhaps the Top 10 (Top 20 maybe in this draft).

For where he was picked, Brisebois is good value. Pilon and Vande Sompel are still falling; there must be a reason for that.

Then why call it their ceiling? If every prospect has a potential ceiling of Orr or Gretzky (even if it is a small chance) why even bother stating it?

I judge Benning's moves individually, I don't automatically assume that each pick is a bad one.

Lack trade? Bad. This pick? According to Bob Mckenzie, a very good one. I'll take his opinion over yours any day.

I don't think it was a horrible pick, just that there were a few players available who were ranked higher in numerous rankings and mock drafts.

Hype. Selling fans on the idea that their pick will one day turn into a good one.

Unfortunately, you're correct.

Not stoked about the Brisebois pick. I think Vande Sompel and Pilon were the safer picks. Hell I would have been happier with Speers or Dergachev.

Looking back on past Canucks drafts, it seems like whenever we draft out of the Q they're a bust. I wish Benning would have stuck to his word and drafted in the WHL more.

Not stoked about the Brisebois pick. I think Vande Sompel and Pilon were the safer picks. Hell I would have been happier with Speers or Dergachev.

Looking back on past Canucks drafts, it seems like whenever we draft out of the Q they're a bust. I wish Benning would have stuck to his word and drafted in the WHL more.

Its silly to look at a team's draft history as an indicator of potential success of current draft picks when the scouting staff/GM have changed.

Its silly to look at a team's draft history as an indicator of potential success of current draft picks when the scouting staff/GM have changed.

The scouting staff hasn't really changed.

And look at the history of drafting Q defensemen. The examples are there. It's a hard league to gauge defensemen in.

I would add Looke to that group and maybe even Wotherspoon and Veeti Vainio.

Archived