The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Draft Talk

Horvat

The 2nd Rd pick we gave to calgary for Sven has now turned into Rasmus Anderson. What are your thoughts?

Andersson is not guaranteed to be a nhler, while Sven will be next year, and might be a top 6 player for us putting up 40-50 points. I still feel good about the trade.

The 2nd Rd pick we gave to calgary for Sven has now turned into Rasmus Anderson. What are your thoughts?

Baertschi is a good player and I would make that deal every day of the week.

The failure isn't trading away that pick, the failure is not being able to restock it despite having tradable assets.

You're telling me Lack and Bieksa couldn't have got a couple 2nds packaged together? Clearly San Jose was interested and now they're without a goalie.

Baertschi is a good player and I would make that deal every day of the week.

The failure isn't trading away that pick, the failure is not being able to restock it despite having tradable assets.

You're telling me Lack and Bieksa couldn't have got a couple 2nds packaged together? Clearly San Jose was interested and now they're without a goalie.

We were in a position of weakness. Forced to move a goalie while being tight to the cap.

To be honest I think it would be better to move our veterans like Bieksa, Vrbata and Hamhuis during the season when teams are willing to sacrifice youth to make a push.

This is not an offseason that we should be making moves. I don't feel like we would get a good return for anyone else.

We were in a position of weakness. Forced to move a goalie while being tight to the cap.

To be honest I think it would be better to move our veterans like Bieksa, Vrbata and Hamhuis during the season when teams are willing to sacrifice youth to make a push.

This is not an offseason that we should be making moves. I don't feel like we would get a good return for anyone else.

Many people do not take into considerstion of Bieksa/Hamhuis NTC; that can change returns quite a bit.

Archived