The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mark Spector

#1Luongofan

read his article thinking it was something canuck related.

I feel bad for you op, if this is how you get your kicks in life.

This has nothing to with the canucks this is to do with the all-star game,

Mark Spector basically calling us Canadians idiots for calling the event boring and a waste of time.

But I guess you thought this was the best event hockey since 04/05 lockout?

I read the article - and sure, he makes jabs that the all-star game isn't about Canada. It is silly, considering nobody was saying that it WAS about Canada in the first place.

On the other hand, he is praising Columbus as a new hockey city.

Don't be such a prude.

^ major class act by ovie... He's matured alot.

I read the article - and sure, he makes jabs that the all-star game isn't about Canada. It is silly, considering nobody was saying that it WAS about Canada in the first place.

On the other hand, he is praising Columbus as a new hockey city.

Don't be such a prude.

Yup... This is what I got from it.

What a dreadful, fatuous load of utterly disposable tripe! Glad to see the commenters(Snet) mostly sorted this Spector guy out.

This wknd(& prob the upcoming world cup) is a clear illustration of what silly $ is precisely doing, to what was once a rugged, intense & dramatic sport.

I attended the ASG as a little kid(late '70s) in the ol' Pac Coliseum. Vachon, Parent, Dryden, Lafleur, et al..The old Campbell vs Wales(believe it was 4-3, Wales?), & I also believe they played pretty damned hard in those days. A nice memory.

Canadian or not, the only thing, the ONLY thing, that I don't like about the allstar game is the draft format. It makes an already arbitrary game even more arbitrary. East vs West, NA vs World, at least there was SOMETHING being played for. But does anyone anywhere in any country care which team wins, Team Toews or Team Foligno, even a little bit?

I don't mind the commercialization. I don't mind the jerseys. I don't mind the spectacle. The only thing I mind is a pointless match. I don't need to be a Canadian to feel that way. I want to see games that matter at least a miniscule amount.

Minus the draft, they could still do something fun on the Friday. A Don King style trash talking press conference from the East vs West. Anything. A "trophy" that they play for every year. Just make the game mean at least a little something.

My problem with as game is that he claims its not about an allstar game.

Call it fan appreciation game.

Allstar game sounds like the top players in the world. Clealy it was a failed event from hockey point of view.

Young fans love it though. Just rename it

It does involve "all stars".

I'll never understand why so many get their panties in a knot over the asg. It's just fun to watch. Really shows just how much goalies depend on the team in front of them and how skilled players are when given time and space. It an offensive display of talent. Take it for what it is: entertainment.

This has nothing to with the canucks this is to do with the all-star game,

Mark Spector basically calling us Canadians idiots for calling the event boring and a waste of time.

But I guess you thought this was the best event hockey since 04/05 lockout?

Whoosh! Right over your head.

His point was this is the "Canucks Talk" forum. There is an "Around The NHL" forum. If your thread has nothing to do with "Canucks" where do you think it belongs?

Archived