The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The ISIS Thread

FramingDragon

9 hours ago, drummer4now said:

I have some open ended questions..

You always hear people say the terrorists are cowardly because they don't wear uniforms and/or blend in civilian areas killing innocent people, but what about the West and its allies?

Are they not just as cowardly when they drop bombs from planes or use drones? 

Seems like boths sides have some things in common... 

In theory those planes are targeting military targets.

isis walks into a rock concert and murders innocent people.

i know I know I know I know. Bombings kill innocents. I get that. But it's not the intent.

isis are cowards.

allies are careless and inaccurate (at times)

44 minutes ago, riffraff said:

In theory those planes are targeting military targets.

isis walks into a rock concert and murders innocent people.

i know I know I know I know. Bombings kill innocents. I get that. But it's not the intent.

isis are cowards.

allies are careless and inaccurate (at times)

Bill Maher said it best when he got fired from Politically Incorrect...

1 hour ago, Dral said:

Well he didn't say they were brave unless there was more after that clip.

i think there is a significant difference between crazy and brave.

bombing from a distance is a method of war that has been used for decades.  One of its main objectives is to fight without expending unnecessary manpower.

if the allies stormed the beaches with knife in teeth guns a blazin back in ww2 without any artillery support, it's doubtful we'd be living in the world as we know it.

bill maher owes part of his right to speak freely to dropped bombs.

“Humanitarian Supplies” for the Islamic State (ISIS): NATO’s Terror Convoys Halted at Syrian Border

http://www.globalresearch.ca/humanitarian-supplies-for-the-islamic-state-isis-natos-terror-convoys-halted-at-syrian-border/5492253

The US-NATO-Israel Sponsored Al Qaeda Insurgency in Syria: Who Was Behind The 2011 “Protest Movement”?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-who-is-behind-the-protest-movement-fabricating-a-pretext-for-a-us-nato-humanitarian-intervention/24591

9 hours ago, riffraff said:

Well he didn't say they were brave unless there was more after that clip.

i think there is a significant difference between crazy and brave.

bombing from a distance is a method of war that has been used for decades.  One of its main objectives is to fight without expending unnecessary manpower.

if the allies stormed the beaches with knife in teeth guns a blazin back in ww2 without any artillery support, it's doubtful we'd be living in the world as we know it.

bill maher owes part of his right to speak freely to dropped bombs.

I thought Those beaches were seriously pounded before any storming, that the allies had conquered the Luftwaffe before D- day?

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought Those beaches were seriously pounded before any storming, that the allies had conquered the Luftwaffe before D- day?

That's part of the point as mentioned in my post.

we can send good allies in pointless loss of life. Or we can support them with pre-bombing.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

That's part of the point as mentioned in my post.

we can send good allies in pointless loss of life. Or we can support them with pre-bombing.

But we don't carpet bomb.  We use smart bombs (now there's an oxymoron) so it's impossible to soften a target.  Now if we did carpet bomb....:)

I didn't know that Anonymous was also against ISIS.  

Hacking collective Anonymous has called on the public to help in its fight against ISIS by declaring 11 December as an international 'trolling' day.

day reporting known ISIS social media accounts, openly mocking them on social media while carrying out protests in the real world as well.

The post asks:

"We ask you to show your support and help against ISIS by joining us and trolling them // Do not think you have to be apart of Anonymous, anyone can do this and does not require any special skills.

They thrive off of fear they hope that by their actions they can silence all of us and get us to just lay low and hide in fear. But what many forget and even they do is that there are many more people in the world against them than for them. And that is the goal of this mass uprising, on December 11th we will show them that we are not afraid, we will not just hide in our fear, we are the majority and with our strength in numbers we can make a real difference."

The hacking collective suggests that people start using the hashtags "#Daesh and #Daeshbags" while asking users to openly report any accounts that could have links to ISIS.

Suggestions go on to range from asking that people post pictures mocking known ISIS terrorists, or to produce YouTube videos that mock those made and released by the regime.

It then goes on to suggest 'offline' techniques which include putting up posters that show how ISIS does not represent Islam.

anonymous

Anonymous openly declared war on ISIS following the horrific attacks in Paris that saw at least 129 people killed.

In a video posted on YouTube a masked figure read a statement saying:

"Anonymous from all over the world will hunt you down. You should know that we will find you and we will not let you go. We will launch the biggest operation ever against you."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/07/anonymous-11-december-isis-trolling-day_n_8739360.html?1449503584

On 2015-11-29, 5:59:51, Salmonberries said:

“Humanitarian Supplies” for the Islamic State (ISIS): NATO’s Terror Convoys Halted at Syrian Border

http://www.globalresearch.ca/humanitarian-supplies-for-the-islamic-state-isis-natos-terror-convoys-halted-at-syrian-border/5492253

The US-NATO-Israel Sponsored Al Qaeda Insurgency in Syria: Who Was Behind The 2011 “Protest Movement”?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-who-is-behind-the-protest-movement-fabricating-a-pretext-for-a-us-nato-humanitarian-intervention/24591

so nato is the new "Axis" wow and Canada is part of that alliance.....

Ever wonder what the goal of ISIS is? Doesn't it seem like it's to one day be exactly like Saudi Arabia is today. 

Black Daesh, white Daesh. The former slits throats, kills, stones, cuts off hands, destroys humanity’s common heritage and despises archaeology, women and non-Muslims. The latter is better dressed and neater but does the same things... 

In its struggle against terrorism, the West wages war on one, but shakes hands with the other. This is a mechanism of denial, and denial has a price: preserving the famous strategic alliance with Saudi Arabia at the risk of forgetting that the kingdom also relies on an alliance with a religious clergy that produces, legitimizes, spreads, preaches and defends Wahhabism, the ultra-puritanical form of Islam that Daesh feeds on........ 

Saudi Arabia is a Daesh that has made it.

From an article originally published in French after the Paris attacks. Translated by the NY Times - 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/opinion/saudi-arabia-an-isis-that-has-made-it.html?_r=0

Archived