The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks and Penguins

John Tortorella

Really? Where did you read this, I want to read if possible.

Apparently also, Matthias and Weber got a little heated up at each other... I'll try and find the link I read it from..

EDIT: LINK:http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+Weber+Matthias+nearly+fighting+practice+pugilists/10794326/story.html

Really hope we have a good effort but we lose.

For two reasons.

One so that it pushes Linden and Benning to make the move of rebuilding more than retool.

Two so we get closer to not making playoffs. Because it won't help us in the long run. Better draft pick and a chance at number one

Willie apparently laid down the law at practice yesterday morning, lets hope it translates into some intensity tonight.

I share in your hope that WD's laying down of the law at practice results in desired intensity for tonight's game, but we have an undermanned d-corps, a group of forwards led by two guys named Sedin, and too much reliance on guys named Higgins, Burrows, Bonino and Hamhuis to expect anything different than what we got on Thursday vs. the Sharks. And seldom does a coach's rant or a long team meeting result in an immediate turn-around.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the Pens, even though they're on the second of a back-to-back, are going to be too much for the Canucks.

I know this is a bold prediction, but Crosby and Malkin will outplay the Sedins (they're two best >>>>> our two best).

IMO, it's gonna be a long night for the Canucks. I'm predicting a blow out by the Pens of epic proportions. I honestly hope I'm wrong.

Really hope we have a good effort but we lose.

For two reasons.

One so that it pushes Linden and Benning to make the move of rebuilding more than retool.

Two so we get closer to not making playoffs. Because it won't help us in the long run. Better draft pick and a chance at number one

This team will rebuild on the fly which it is doing. They are going to let the picks come to them.

I share in your hope that WD's laying down of the law at practice results in desired intensity for tonight's game, but we have an undermanned d-corps, a group of forwards led by two guys named Sedin, and too much reliance on guys named Higgins, Burrows, Bonino and Hamhuis to expect anything different than what we got on Thursday vs. the Sharks. And seldom does a coach's rant or a long team meeting result in an immediate turn-around.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the Pens, even though they're on the second of a back-to-back, are going to be too much for the Canucks.

I know this is a bold prediction, but Crosby and Malkin will outplay the Sedins (they're two best >>>>> our two best).

IMO, it's gonna be a long night for the Canucks. I'm predicting a blow out by the Pens of epic proportions. I honestly hope I'm wrong.

The Pens are an AHL team with 2 superstars. The Canucks usually play good against this type of lineup.

Archived