The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks-Flames

Pimp C

Derek Dorsett for Curtis Glencross.

Glencross is a big, fast, physical two-way forward with a lazer beam shot who has asked for a trade and is a UFA so his value is lower than it normally would be.

Maybe we would be able to rip them off. They did pay a 3rd rounder for Bollig after all.

Calgary is pretty happy with their forwards right now.

They would rather have a defense-man who can play at 4th - 5th especially if he is a right handed shooter.

Either that or a 2nd/3rd round draft pick.

Stanton, Sbisa or Weber when the defense is healthy again? I'd readily pay up if that's all it takes to land Glencross, but he'd probably be strictly a rental given how loaded our bottom 9 wingers are already. Dorsett for him seems solid since both are UFA and Hansen has been doing well with the kids (Kenins, Horvat), and we'd need to move someone to fit him in. If it's Dorsett or Higgins I'd move Derek.

Derek Dorsett for Curtis Glencross.

Glencross is a big, fast, physical two-way forward with a lazer beam shot who has asked for a trade and is a UFA so his value is lower than it normally would be.

Maybe we would be able to rip them off. They did pay a 3rd rounder for Bollig after all.

I'm not too sure why either team would want to do this.

Glenncross was asked to submit a list of teams he would be willing to be traded (he hasn't asked for a trade) to as it is highly unlikely that he will re-sign in Calgary. Apparently he and the team are simply too far off in the numbers and so Glenncross wants to test out the market this year.

That being said, I'm thinking that Calgary is wanting picks back or a player that has a bit more term on their contract.

Dorsett's been good with just about every line he's been on. He sparked Horvat and Matthias' play almost single-handedly, and brings a lot of leadership to this team that we don't see. Sure Glencross may do the same, but why bother swapping if Dorsett has already gelled and formed chemistry with our guys?

Dorsett's been good with just about every line he's been on. He sparked Horvat and Matthias' play almost single-handedly, and brings a lot of leadership to this team that we don't see. Sure Glencross may do the same, but why bother swapping if Dorsett has already gelled and formed chemistry with our guys?

Chemistry? More like holding those lines down.

Since Glencross is better than Dorsett why would Calgary make that trade?

As I said... Because he has requested a trade and Calgary has been known to go for tough guys like Bollig and overypay for them. Hell they had Mcgratton on their roster and that guy is worse than Sestito.

As I said... Because he has requested a trade and Calgary has been known to go for tough guys like Bollig and overypay for them. Hell they had Mcgratton on their roster and that guy is worse than Sestito.

he is only interested in going to a cup contender team like the Kings, Lightning, Preds, Hawks, and Ducks.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/703580

Archived