The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins / Kassian (observation)

casualty

Since the start of the 2013 lock out season

The line of Sedin / Sedin / Kassian has played 8 games together.

Kassian has 7 goals!

Now, does this not out way any defensive foul ups Kassian has? The other game henrik made a brutal pass that resulted in a goal yet it's not considered so bad because what he does and has done his whole career, get points.

Kassian, in the right situation, can thrive! I know 8 games over 3 seasons is a very small sample size but the goals speek for themselves.

An observation and comparison I'll make about Kassian I thought of while watching the game against the devils is this ( now I'm not saying he is comparable as jagr is one of the greatest players ever ) but, Kassian reminds me in a lot of ways of Jagr.

Now hear me out before you flame me!

They are very similar in size and skill set. Kassian is criticized for not using his size however there are a couple ways you can use your size. You can hit or fight or you can use your frame for positioning. Another player like this was Eric Daze.

Could you imagine if when jagr was coming up the penguins said, " hey jagr you arnt gonna play cause you don't hit people or fight even though you are a force every night you play with Mario.

Never mind the fact kassian'a defensive gasps can be masked playing on the top line, cause just like Henriks the other day it will be made up for and forgot about.

Never mind the fact he has 7 goals in 8 games with the twins.

Never mind the fact he is averaging close to a point a game the last month.

Never mind the fact he was drafted into this league to put up points and acquired by the Canucks to do the same thing.

Mind the fact that with burrows injured now is the time to take off his leash! Play him with twins! And see what he can do!

Mind the fact that it give our team a whole bunch of balance once healthy to him with the twins and as a bonus there is a big lug there to stop teams from assaulting the twins.

And last but not least mind the fact that if willie d and benning fail to recognize this and ruin him but demoting and benching him again and then perhaps trading him it could be like Neely all over again ( although he's not a Neely but a jagr type player lol )!

Sent from my iPhone

Since the start of the 2013 lock out season

The line of Sedin / Sedin / Kassian has played 8 games together.

Kassian has 7 goals!

Now, does this not out way any defensive foul ups Kassian has? The other game henrik made a brutal pass that resulted in a goal yet it's not considered so bad because what he does and has done his whole career, get points.

Kassian, in the right situation, can thrive! I know 8 games over 3 seasons is a very small sample size but the goals speek for themselves.

An observation and comparison I'll make about Kassian I thought of while watching the game against the devils is this ( now I'm not saying he is comparable as jagr is one of the greatest players ever ) but, Kassian reminds me in a lot of ways of Jagr.

Now hear me out before you flame me!

They are very similar in size and skill set. Kassian is criticized for not using his size however there are a couple ways you can use your size. You can hit or fight or you can use your frame for positioning. Another player like this was Eric Daze.

Could you imagine if when jagr was coming up the penguins said, " hey jagr you arnt gonna play cause you don't hit people or fight even though you are a force every night you play with Mario.

Never mind the fact kassian'a defensive gasps can be masked playing on the top line, cause just like Henriks the other day it will be made up for and forgot about.

Never mind the fact he has 7 goals in 8 games with the twins.

Never mind the fact he is averaging close to a point a game the last month.

Never mind the fact he was drafted into this league to put up points and acquired by the Canucks to do the same thing.

Mind the fact that with burrows injured now is the time to take off his leash! Play him with twins! And see what he can do!

Mind the fact that it give our team a whole bunch of balance once healthy to him with the twins and as a bonus there is a big lug there to stop teams from assaulting the twins.

And last but not least mind the fact that if willie d and benning fail to recognize this and ruin him but demoting and benching him again and then perhaps trading him it could be like Neely all over again ( although he's not a Neely but a jagr type player lol )!

Sent from my iPhone

Kassian has been put into the right situation more than once and he drops the ball. It's consistency between the ears with this guy.

Every team needs goal scorers, especially an offensively challenged team like the Canucks.

Not every goal scorer in the NHL is a Selke candidate by any means. Maybe it is time to appreciate what Kassian brings, size and offensive ability, instead of those who go on and on here because he has had some defensive lapses.

We all know he is not the only Canuck who turns the puck over and makes poor defensive plays.

Every team needs goal scorers, especially an offensively challenged team like the Canucks.

Not every goal scorer in the NHL is a Selke candidate by any means. Maybe it is time to appreciate what Kassian brings, size and offensive ability, instead of those who go on and on here because he has had some defensive lapses.

We all know he is not the only Canuck who turns the puck over and makes poor defensive plays.

Amen

Yay!!! Another Kassian thread! Can I play?

Poster #1: I love Kassian! WD is a d$%*$ss. I can't fathom why he wouldn't play him. He's going to carry the Canucks to the promised land!

Poster#2: You don't know what you're talking about! Kassian is a bum. Coasts around like Tiger Willams after a goal riding his stick. Trade him for a bag of pucks and some gummy bears!

Poster #3: WD and the Canucks know what they're doing. Be patient and it will all work out. They know all and see all.

Did I pretty much cover it?

Lol u typed all that from an iPhone. Good job! And I agree. Kassian could work well with the Sedins. He can do the dirty work, and his skill and vision compliments the sedins well. We've seen it, but it's always gonna be about his consistency. He can't be taking shifts off. You would think he would learn by now. Hopefully WD gives him a longer shot. If not he can still play with matthias.

What should we talk about? People like you that complain about threads are a joke. Seriously man who cares what we make and discuss.

It's just that I'm so confused now... I don't know which of the 6 threads I should post in. Should I follow this one because it's the latest and greatest? Should I pick my favourites and stick to them? Or should I try to post in all of them. Help me out.

The way I see it is it's obvious he has the ability to score, but has a harder time in his own end.

So maybe WD feels if he can teach him the basics now, then he can trust him to play in the top 6 consistently.

Poster #1: I love Kassian! WD is a d$%*$ss. I can't fathom why he wouldn't play him. He's going to carry the Canucks to the promised land!

Poster#2: You don't know what you're talking about! Kassian is a bum. Coasts around like Tiger Willams after a goal riding his stick. Trade him for a bag of pucks and some gummy bears!

Poster #3: WD and the Canucks know what they're doing. Be patient and it will all work out. They know all and see all.

Yes. You hit the douchebag trifecta...

Bingo, sent from my toaster

Cover what? Your sad attempt at humor? You definitely have that covered.

Archived