The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins / Kassian (observation)

casualty

Unusual line combinations are coming up because of injury and there have been some surprises.

1. Kassian has chemistry with the Sedins :shock:.
  2. Matthias is even better in the middle.
  3. Vrbata puts up points even when he isn't playing with the Sedins.
  4. Linden Vey can win over 40% of his face offs.
  5. All things equal, Bo Horvat can do just fine in this league logging 15+ minutes. In fact, he has done even better than before.
  6. Ronalds who? This guy can play.

What the OP is saying is, let Kassian get away with the odd defensive gaffe in light of his offensive output.

What WD (and the Sedins, when asked) say is, why can't we have both the offense and the defense? Until Kassian is traded away, that's what the Canucks are working towards.

Question would be, is there any way to motivate the guy without benching him?

Unusual line combinations are coming up because of injury and there have been some surprises.

1. Kassian has chemistry with the Sedins :shock:.
  2. Matthias is even better in the middle.
  3. Vrbata puts up points even when he isn't playing with the Sedins.
  4. Linden Vey can win over 40% of his face offs.
  5. All things equal, Bo Horvat can do just fine in this league logging 15+ minutes. In fact, he has done even better than before.
  6. Ronalds who? This guy can play.

But Vey looks like he struggles skating, he also seems to me he is on the ice a lot, and if he is only good in face-offs, he is taking away a spot for better all around players.

Canucks should practise more on face offs (all Players).

What the OP is saying is, let Kassian get away with the odd defensive gaffe in light of his offensive output.

What WD (and the Sedins, when asked) say is, why can't we have both the offense and the defense? Until Kassian is traded away, that's what the Canucks are working towards.

Well said. Everyone makes errors and yes some of his are laughable but his offensive talents are no joke, it far out ways his defensive gaffs especially if he's getting ice time.

Our pp is horrible yet there's this giant with hands that's no good on the pk sitting on the bench, getting no minutes and there's linden "smurf" vey infront of the net.

C'mon man!

Yay!!! Another Kassian thread! Can I play?

Poster #1: I love Kassian! WD is a d$%*$ss. I can't fathom why he wouldn't play him. He's going to carry the Canucks to the promised land!

Poster#2: You don't know what you're talking about! Kassian is a bum. Coasts around like Tiger Willams after a goal riding his stick. Trade him for a bag of pucks and some gummy bears!

Poster #3: WD and the Canucks know what they're doing. Be patient and it will all work out. They know all and see all.

Did I pretty much cover it?

Other than the personal attacks, pretty much. Funny how it became so polarized. People with the view than Kassian has issues but want to see him succeed for the good of the team have just given up and stopped contributing as they get slammed.

What should we talk about? People like you that complain about threads are a joke. Seriously man who cares what we make and discuss.

The idea is to contain discussions so there aren't multiple threads to follow (for those that want to). It just gets messy that's all.

Poster #4:

Poster #1: I love Kassian! WD is a d$%*$ss. I can't fathom why he wouldn't play him. He's going to carry the Canucks to the promised land!

Poster#2: You don't know what you're talking about! Kassian is a bum. Coasts around like Tiger Willams after a goal riding his stick. Trade him for a bag of pucks and some gummy bears!

Poster #3: WD and the Canucks know what they're doing. Be patient and it will all work out. They know all and see all.

Perhaps we should add:

Poster #1 <quoting Poster #2 above> I do SO know what I'm talking about and the fact is you know less about hockey than I do.

Poster # 2 <quoting Poster #1> I've forgotten more about hockey than you'll ever know.

Who are the Sedins to question anyone else's defensive play? That is a legitimate question.

**Snucks**

The most obvious knock against Vey early in the year was that he often came in at a 17% (1 in 6) success rate on the dot. Clearly there are other parts of his game that are at issue. Strength on the puck for starters. I still think that at this point in his career, he can be the 5th centre while logging most of his time on the wing in a complimentary role.

However this is a Zack thread. Is benching the guy the only way to get the message across? Maybe. :unsure:

Archived