The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) We could just be the cinderella team this year

Scorvat

People love bringing up LA the underdog. They won all their games 2-1 3-1 all year long. They were one of the best defensive teams in the league. Oh then there's

Kopitar

Richards

Stoll

And Quick.

They needed Dallas to lose their final game of the season just to make the playoffs. Getting into the playoffs that way and going on to win the cup is pretty much the definition of a Cinderella story.

the rise in the standings is huge yeah but they also played much of last season with a hurting Rinne or without him completely. Remove James Neal and the current prominence of Filip Forsberg, along with the depth they've added, and it would be a cinderella story but as it stands Nashville's roster is among the best in the league, especially with their latest additions.

as for what you said crabby...I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

the rise in the standings is huge yeah but they also played much of last season with a hurting Rinne or without him completely. Remove James Neal and the current prominence of Filip Forsberg, along with the depth they've added, and it would be a cinderella story but as it stands Nashville's roster is among the best in the league, especially with their latest additions.

as for what you said crabby...I'm just going to assume you're trolling.

What is a troll? Someone who has a different opinion than you? I swear everytime someone disagrees with someone their a troll lol. Seriously i understand preds got a very good team. But out of kings. Ducks. Blackhawks.and preds. The preds will be the team id wanna see us face. IMO (or is that the troll in me?) Lol

Think back to that Winnipeg game we won now imagine we had to win 3 more of them. They would have ground us to a pulp in 7 games. Now imagine somehow we managed to win. Would there be enough in the tank to take on Anaheim or LA?

I'm not super optimistic but I don't care about winning as long as we can loose like champions.

as Rocky said "its not about how hard you can hit its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward that's how winning is done."

Thats the winning culture we bring our youth movement into. Not tanking for nobody.

Think back to that Winnipeg game we won now imagine we had to win 3 more of them. They would have ground us to a pulp in 7 games. Now imagine somehow we managed to win. Would there be enough in the tank to take on Anaheim or LA?

I'm not super optimistic but I don't care about winning as long as we can loose like champions.

as Rocky said "its not about how hard you can hit its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward that's how winning is done."

Thats the winning culture we bring our youth movement into. Not tanking for nobody.

Yea I thought about it...

We sweep Winnipeg or 5 games max. That bone headed team spends most their time in the penalty box. The powerplay would eventually click. Winnipeg is overrated.

They needed Dallas to lose their final game of the season just to make the playoffs. Getting into the playoffs that way and going on to win the cup is pretty much the definition of a Cinderella story.

they were the best team in the league after the all-star break, that 8th seed position was misleading as frack

they were way better than an 8th seed team, and they showed it.

they destroyed us in the first round and did the same to everyone else after

The last 2 true Cinderella teams were the 2010 Flyers and 2006 Oilers.

Neither team played exceptionally well down the stretch. Oilers and us kept trading losses. Flyers sneaked in on winning a shootout on the last game. But when the playoffs started, they surprised everyone. So yeah, once you're in, if you get excellent goaltending, anything can happen.

However, there is one thing that those two teams had that the 2015 Canucks don't...

...Chris Mother-effing Pronger!!!

Here is what I'm thinking. If we catch LA in round 1 and beat them, this team will start believing they can beat anyone, and once they start believing, I know how good they can be.

You never know, thats why the games are played.

That would be nice, but LA is a sleeping giant. We will be happy just to get to the dance. It is a good environment for the young guys. In Edmonton a guy like Kassian would probably go off the rails. Here they are pushing the right buttons and hopefully get this guy to his projection as a 2nd line powerhouse.

What is a troll? Someone who has a different opinion than you? I swear everytime someone disagrees with someone their a troll lol. Seriously i understand preds got a very good team. But out of kings. Ducks. Blackhawks.and preds. The preds will be the team id wanna see us face. IMO (or is that the troll in me?) Lol

Honestly those 4 teams are a matter of pick your poison. Maybe you think the Preds offer the most favourable matchup but nonetheless I still don't like the Canucks chances in a seven game series with them.

Maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it very possible we play SJ or Cgy in the first round? I'll take our chances in that series.

We absolutely could go on a huge run if everything clicks for us at the right time.

Hot goalie + confident team = cup

The LA kings know this and use it too their advantage come po time.

Let's see what we have :

Veteran leadership that've been to the finals.

Opportunistic goaltending

Killer rookies

Good coaching

Good depth

Wolfman Kass :)

Realistically, unlikely. Way too many injuries and fragile players. Hamhuis looks like he's still playing a bit injured based on how bad he's been (uncharacteristically bad, suggesting injury) lately, and then just about half our veterans are injured whereas lots of young kids aren't. Just another reason we need to move on from our older core...

Archived