The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Canucks targeting Matt O'Connor

jono2009

No matter what league he's played in he's only ever posted respectable stats this past season. Is he really worth getting this excited for?

I hope they don't give up on Markstrom for this guy

Goalies take time to develop. Look at some of the best goalies in the leagues jr numbers. Its more about compete level, athleticism, intangibles, form, composure, etc when evaluating young goalies. Think of all the great quebec born goalies that came out of the Q with gaa anove 3.0 and save percentages below .920

Ottawa is the best choice for him. Vancouver has too much goaltending depth (Miller, Lack, Eriksson (sp), Markstrom, Cannata, Demko), and NYR have the King for the long term.

I'm not convinced Hammond is the real deal in Ottawa... reminds me of Linsanity. And I've never been overly convinced as Craig Anderson as a starter.

Ottawa is the best choice for him. Vancouver has too much goaltending depth (Miller, Lack, Eriksson (sp), Markstrom, Cannata, Demko), and NYR have the King for the long term.

I'm not convinced Hammond is the real deal in Ottawa... reminds me of Linsanity. And I've never been overly convinced as Craig Anderson as a starter.

so wrong. Cannata? Really? Already ahead of him on the depth chart highly doubt hes in our long term plans.

Ryan miller Is out in 2 more years. Right around the time that MOC would be ready to take on a handful of big games.

Eriksson is a free agent this year isnt he?

Markstrom who knows if he'll ever be able to make it in the nhl. I want him to but at this time hes a big question mark.

Lack, love the guy but not an elite starter. Could use an upgrade.

Demko is just as far away as MOC. One or both could easily not pan out.

Archived