The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Canucks targeting Matt O'Connor

jono2009

I'd have to assume that O'Connor wants to stay in America, but you never know. I'll go NYR 70% chance and VC 30% chance.

Weekend/decision can't come quick enough.

O'conner wants to go to the place that will develop him the best because if he develops properly he could always choose where he wants to go in 4 years

O'conner wants to go to the place that will develop him the best because if he develops properly he could always choose where he wants to go in 4 years

Which is why I said NYR/VC as the two possibilities. New York coaches have a credible track record, I don't think Henrik will be a factor.

Which is why I said NYR/VC as the two possibilities. New York coaches have a credible track record, I don't think Henrik will be a factor.

we have opening positions for the number 1 spot in as early as 2 years. Just enough time for him to play a couple years in the AHL and have a shot at a number 1 position.

New York on the other hand, Lundqvist will be there until he retires. another 5 or 6 years?

our goalie coach Melanson's track record also includes

Jose Theadore

Roberto Luongo, (resurrected Luongo)

and Cory Schneider is also his product.

all the college FAs are over hyped- gilroy, schultz...where is Antoine Langiere or whatever that guy is who signed with ANA...

Don't forget about the other overhyped college FAs... Arcobello, Krug, Jooris, T. Van Riemsdyk, DeKeyser, Purcell, Fontaine, Flynn, C. Hutton, Glencross, Tanev, Bozak, Garrison, Kunitz, Hammond, C. Talbot, St. Louis, D. Boyle, Conacher...

I mean, so unbelievably overhyped.

overhyped or not getting oconnor gives benning more options and allows us to make the nucks a better team by trading other goaltending assets for picks/prospects or potentially players. Smart move all around and if you can't see that then you have tunnel vision.

all the college FAs are over hyped- gilroy, schultz...where is Antoine Langiere or whatever that guy is who signed with ANA...

Don't forget about the other overhyped college FAs... Arcobello, Krug, Jooris, T. Van Riemsdyk, DeKeyser, Purcell, Fontaine, Flynn, C. Hutton, Glencross, Tanev, Bozak, Garrison, Kunitz, Hammond, C. Talbot, St. Louis, D. Boyle, Conacher...

I mean, so unbelievably overhyped.

You see what he did there? He provided a list a more than 2 players that proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Well landing O'Connor would mean JB has to figure out his goaltending assets (Miller + Lack, Lack + Markstrom, Miller + Markstrom etc) so that would be a nice problem to have.

JB has to figure that out O'Connor or not. Snagging O'Connor just gives us more depth and better options moving forward.

Archived