The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal - not your ordinary proposal] Seattle NHL Team Name?

if there wasn't already the San Jose Sharks, it would be an option. it's a huge deep sea shark that people actively try to fish for in the puget sound. it's certainly better than the stallions.

Its one thing to have lineage, meaning.

Its another to have marketability. Sixgills sounds pretty poofy.

I don't like Seals, old enough to remember the California Golden Seals. Plus its soft as well.

Don't actually dispute any reasons for yourself knocking back the other suggestions. Was just having fun with the Cougars.

Think Wolverines is gone... (Michigan is far enough away, but any local?)

Condors? Soaring over the mountains... Could be some great video clips to start each game.

I currently live in seattle and would have a hard time believing any seattle native would identify with stallions in any way, nevermind have a collaborative agreement with others from the area. Please elucidate how it would be "factually and identifiably ideal for a Seattle, Bellevue, and Issaquah representation". where would that link be made? Do we have herds of wild horses roaming the area that i'm not aware of?

Also, clearly you are way too sensitive to be on the internet if you took a harmless hyperbole joke personally.

As far as sealords, they would be WAY too ripe for parody/ridicule from homophobic opposing team fans. I can't see that flying at all.

The culture is modern: very business-like and forward-looking; a Stallion doesn't look back. The grace and peacefulness of Bellevue and Issaquah and the traditional natural outlook; a Stallion at rest. A stallion is a perfect representation of the northern Washington culture.

Homophobic opposing team fans? What the hell are you talking about? You discriminative, insensitive, judgmental... wow.

I am treating this situation with utmost seriousness; when I lived in Seattle, I always thought a hockey team was needed in the city. Now that it's so close to happening, you cannot blame me in the least for being reactive.

Maybe you should learn to take things more seriously and handle yourself in a more respectful way. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but some people should keep it to themselves; so basically, speak for yourself. The greater majority would rather agree with this statement than "your suggestion is the worst of all time. you should feel ashamed".

And to your living in Seattle? Start acting like it.

If I'm embarrassed for one thing, it's that I shared a city with you.

The culture is modern: very business-like and forward-looking; a Stallion doesn't look back. The grace and peacefulness of Bellevue and Issaquah and the traditional natural outlook; a Stallion at rest. A stallion is a perfect representation of the northern Washington culture.

Homophobic opposing team fans? What the hell are you talking about? You discriminative, insensitive, judgmental... wow.

I am treating this situation with utmost seriousness; when I lived in Seattle, I always thought a hockey team was needed in the city. Now that it's so close to happening, you cannot blame me in the least for being reactive.

Maybe you should learn to take things more seriously and handle yourself in a more respectful way. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but some people should keep it to themselves; so basically, speak for yourself. The greater majority would rather agree with this statement than "your suggestion is the worst of all time. you should feel ashamed".

And to your living in Seattle? Start acting like it.

If I'm embarrassed for one thing, it's that I shared a city with you.

you're out to lunch on many things, a stallion screams prairies/midwest, it has nothing to do with the pacific northwest, nor it's culture. all of your corporate reasonings are a stretch at best. Seattle may have a large amount of tech companies, but the culture of the area isn't exactly business-like outside of work. it's not like people are wearing suits everywhere they go, quite the opposite really. there's nothing that kills team support like the alienation of the fanbase.

And Bellevue and issaquah are graceful and peaceful? how long as it been since you've lived here. the only time it's peaceful is the middle of the night. those are both very busy cities. Also, i don't know why you focus on 3 cities out of the multitude of cities that makeup the area, and you ignored the southern suburbs and the largest city outside of seattle in Tacoma.

As far as homophobic other team's fans. Homophobia is still a huge concern in the US, and way more prevalent than racism. To assume that opposing teams fans wouldn't cue into the idea that they could call the sealords the gaylords is very shortsighted.

you seriously need to lighten up if you take jokes on the internet that seriously. THAT is not seattle-like at all; it goes directly against the laid-back culture of the pacific north west.

you're out to lunch on many things, a stallion screams prairies/midwest, it has nothing to do with the pacific northwest, nor it's culture. all of your corporate reasonings are a stretch at best. Seattle may have a large amount of tech companies, but the culture of the area isn't exactly business-like outside of work. it's not like people are wearing suits everywhere they go, quite the opposite really. there's nothing that kills team support like the alienation of the fanbase.

And Bellevue and issaquah are graceful and peaceful? how long as it been since you've lived here. the only time it's peaceful is the middle of the night. those are both very busy cities. Also, i don't know why you focus on 3 cities out of the multitude of cities that makeup the area, and you ignored the southern suburbs and the largest city outside of seattle in Tacoma.

As far as homophobic other team's fans. Homophobia is still a huge concern in the US, and way more prevalent than racism. To assume that opposing teams fans wouldn't cue into the idea that they could call the sealords the gaylords is very shortsighted.

you seriously need to lighten up if you take jokes on the internet that seriously. THAT is not seattle-like at all; it goes directly against the laid-back culture of the pacific north west.

It's been a few years, however, I frequently return to the area every few months. Last time I walked around in Bellevue and Issaquah, it was extremely serene. This goes the same for everyone I know who a.) agrees with me and b.) actually live in Issaquah and Bellevue.

Homophobia would not incite a connection between sealord and gaylords. You are making hasty generalizations that really sound like you know more about homophobia than I do. I am not going to say otherwise.

I am not going to lighten up. To make the assumption that I, being "too serious" cannot enjoy otherwise joyful frolick immersed in by the lighthearted and non-serious... you're basically saying I'm a downer.

Smh.

Apex Predators

Seattle Bears

Seattle Grizzlies

Seattle Orcas (side benefit we can lose our Orca crest for the Stick and Rink)

Seattle Steelhead/Steelies

Seattle Wolfpack

Seattle Cohos!!!!

Natural Features

Seattle Rain or Reign (no longer a team)

Seattle Quakes

Seattle Timber or Timbermen

Seattle Cascades (mountains)

Seattle Sound (puget sound and references rock'n'roll culture)

Cultural

Seattle Totems

Seattle Chiefs - after Chief Seattle

Seattle Nations - "The Nation" for short

Seattle Sound

Seattle Vibe

Seattle Whalers

Corporate

Seattle Wings

Seattle Sonics - references boeing and music culture

Seattle Bucks

Just for fun

Seattle Honey Badgers!!

Seattle Green

My three favs are Seattle Orcas, Seattle Sonics (if they can get it from any rights owner) and Seattle Chiefs

Archived