The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal - not your ordinary proposal] Seattle NHL Team Name?

Seattle Waveriders

Rationale: The X-51A Waverider is a hypersonic scramjet developed by Boeing (local company to Seattle) that can reach Mach 5 speed in the atmosphere. Secondary image is ocean waves that connote the Pacific Northwest coast line.

So, a Seattle hockey team based on speed, agility and fluidity would be strong metaphors to build off of.

Just my two cents.

The Seattle Nevergonnahappens?

According to Bettman, that's the case until such time they have an arena that meets NHL standards. Really...that's what Bettman said the last time he was in town. Sorry, I don't have the source link for it, but I think it was on Canucks TV and also on Team 1040 drive home show with Taylor and Moj.

A competing league? The fact that it's now defunct speaks to the demand of professional women's basketball lol

I swear I'm not a misogynist. Really.

Women's basketball isn't fun to watch. Men's volleyball (unless it's beach) isn't fun to watch. It's just not the right sport for the gender.

I swear I'm not a misogynist either. Really.

In all seriousness, I can't think of a good name for Seattle. Possibly the Wolves? (and yes I know the AHL Chicago team already has that) so maybe the Timberwolves.

I do like the effort put in for the "Kraken" though.

In my books, these are the best mentioned so far:
Seattle Emeralds (the emerald city)

Seattle Quakes (Intense, also sort of connects to the earth shaking loud crowd). Just would be bad if a real quake hit the region.
Seattle Kraken (out of the box, but could be cool)
Seattle Cascades (fits with the region well. Although it may seem like the New Orleans Pelicans to the rest of the world, where if you aren't from there you're like...what?!?!)

Archived