The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does she like me?

Dazzle

she might be interested in you, the reason why I am saying this is because a girl wouldn't spend hours on a phone with a guy she doesn't like or have some interest.

try this.

If you talk on the phone with her again, make the action to end the call early. Tell her hey you gotta get going, talk to her later, etc etc, see what her reaction is.

keep doing this, now every time she calls you, make the effort to disconnect the call.

Lolz at this. It will just end up in her leaving or some angry rant saying he never talks anymore.

But if he did it a few times it would be okay, just not too much.

Oh, I should clarify... he doesn't like her mom (and her mom doesn't like him). According to the girl, her mom had never approved of him at any point in time - which is the funny thing. The mom said: "I hope you're not going to date this guy", which ended up happening, but I think she's unsure of what to do.

A loser? I'm not sure. I don't know the guy at all and barely know what he looks like. I see his posts on her wall though, but they don't say anything too personal. They're just posts with pictures.

I'm not liking the idea of "cutting ties"; however, this is where I should tread very very carefully and not risk having my heart broken.

They always date the ones their parents don't approve, until they hit 30.

They always date the ones their parents don't approve, until they hit 30.

Then they realize if they don't listen their parents, the parents can piss off their partner and make them leave on their own.

In response to this they pick someone their parents will approve of without even knowing it. Now that all you youngsters have read this, you too will do this.

;)

I think she has feelings for you but since she has a bf feels nervous doing anything about. She can talk to you lots on the phone because it is 'safe.' Going out for a drink she might want to, but feel that would cross a line. Either play it cool till she is single if you still like her, or if you have decided that she is the 'one' for you already, tell her your feelings and let her decide. The last thing you want to do is fool around with her, most relationships that start that way end that way....

Yeah, it definitely is safe® for her. The only thing she needs to worry about is if/when her bf reads her texts lol. Some of the stuff she says/acts might be considered 'flirting' - and this could erode trust severely.

Your doing the right thing buddy. If you really like a girl and she's fine with the guy she's with you don't interfere with that.

Sometimes when you really like someone, your mind is always looking for signals that the person likes you back. Overtime you add up these small signals and you feel like 100%, this girl likes me. Like it feels so real.

But its not, and if you went up to her and asked if she had feelings for you or told that you did, she would be disappointed because someone who she thought was a friend that she can be free with and tell all to is not.

I'm just guessing from what you have told us but thats what probably would have happened. If you want decide for yourself just remember to keep all emotional forces out. It makes a huge difference.

And don't ever think that you will never find a girl like her again, you will and you will learn from this experience.

I don't like giving advice but also don't want a any guy to have their heart broken.

People keep saying girls play mind games, they don't, its all on the guy who uses his heart.

Really good point. It seems like 99.9 percent sure that she DOES have feelings, yet I don't want to gamble. Furthermore, she is attached (repetitive point).

Just say the word and a group of us from here on CDC will find this guy and make sure he doesn't bother your lady friend ever again :P

LOL, Anonymous, CDC section?!

she might be interested in you, the reason why I am saying this is because a girl wouldn't spend hours on a phone with a guy she doesn't like or have some interest.

try this.

If you talk on the phone with her again, make the action to end the call early. Tell her hey you gotta get going, talk to her later, etc etc, see what her reaction is.

keep doing this, now every time she calls you, make the effort to disconnect the call.

Yeah, exactly. It's literally been two hours every night now. We don't live far from each other, but it's not really that convenient for either of us to be "visiting each other" - if you know what I mean. A phone convo is the best alternative - no real 'records' and she can say whatever she wants easily. She can hear my voice/tone (whatever).

lmao @ 'he'd protect me'

did you ask her from what she feels threatened? that coulda got weird really quick.

I have no idea. I think she was just grasping at straws when she was confronted with that question. What kind of a guy (bf even) wouldn't 'protect' her?

Even if not solely for protecting her, it would be protecting the guy's ego too.

OP - Friendzone for sure, also, don't hit on her if she has a BF, you wouldnt want someone doing that to your GF if you had one.

If that's the case, then the signals certainly have been crossed. Yes, she's mentioned me as a "friend", yet we don't really behave as one on the phone, especially with the latest developments.

Be careful OP, I was in a very similar situation with a girl when I was 18. She had a boyfriend, but called me everynight, facetimed me everynight, came to me when she was stressed etc with things, even use to go to dinner all the time/movies. I obviously liked her, but didn't ever express how I felt because I valued our friendship a lot. I never thought she liked me until one night, I went to her house and she started holding hands with me, cuddling with me etc. I got completely confused and thought she liked me as well. A couple weeks later I got drunk, and asked her what that was all about and told her I liked her. Turned out she claimed she didn't like me and still to this day is with that same dude. Girls are tricky, and just always keep your guard up. Don't get too attached!

I do not miss high school.

Me neither.

The jaded university life after half a decade of constantly being mentally strained from other aspects of life makes things like this boil down to "hey, do you want to bang?" or "let's not bang but hang out first, I like you." It is great.

Be careful OP, I was in a very similar situation with a girl when I was 18. She had a boyfriend, but called me everynight, facetimed me everynight, came to me when she was stressed etc with things, even use to go to dinner all the time/movies. I obviously liked her, but didn't ever express how I felt because I valued our friendship a lot. I never thought she liked me until one night, I went to her house and she started holding hands with me, cuddling with me etc. I got completely confused and thought she liked me as well. A couple weeks later I got drunk, and asked her what that was all about and told her I liked her. Turned out she claimed she didn't like me and still to this day is with that same dude. Girls are tricky, and just always keep your guard up. Don't get too attached!

don't wanna single this out, as you were 18 and presumably totally ignorant, but FELLAS (OR GIRLS), DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU. i mean, yeah, it's easy to say "she was leading me on," but what in the world are you guys doing allowing yourselves to be jerked around in the first place? you need to check these people from the very start. why even let it get to this point? basic ass people are the easiest people to read, the easiest to check, and the easiest to dismiss. if you're getting emotionally played by some chick who is in an otherwise happy relationship, i feel bad for you son. you got 99 problems, and self respect and a serious personality flaw are definitely two of them.

if a girl wants to cheat on her boyfriend with you, then that's on her. sometimes you gotta get what you can get or get nothing at all, ya feeeeel me? but why "get your heart broken" by someone so blatantly skeezy in the first place? just because a girl talks to you don't mean she's a girl worth talkin to.

I would causally take her out to dinner/lunch a couple times, maybe buy her some flowers, and then basically BANG her. If she reacts in a good way to that, then you know you have her on the hook.

If you want her, your going to have to step out of your comfort zone and go all in.

It means nothing until she wants to see you in person

Winner is poster #95.

You, Dazzle, are definitely stroking her ego. "Friendzone" needs to get addressed ASAP. It's like being neutered. The absolute worst feeling possible. Make it clear or semi clear that you have many female friends and adding more does nothing to help your psyche, ego or life..

On a personal note for myself, I'm anticipating a phone call from my Ex tonight who I absolutely adore and have been working diligently to ignore her. Ignorance is the hardest thing to execute, but what it does is get the female mind juices flowing about where you are, who you're with, what you're doing. Once this is attained, things become clearer.

I make it clear with beautiful women I've been with that I don't like people coming and going out of my life. I tell them that they're special and aren't disposable. Assuming we're 30+ yrs old and unmarried, everyone has been disposed or used once.

Been there ,done this dude,you are in the friend zone. If you really like this girl as more than a friend you are in for some heartbreak.

Hmm... that's too bad then.

Winner is poster #95.

You, Dazzle, are definitely stroking her ego. "Friendzone" needs to get addressed ASAP. It's like being neutered. The absolute worst feeling possible. Make it clear or semi clear that you have many female friends and adding more does nothing to help your psyche, ego or life..

On a personal note for myself, I'm anticipating a phone call from my Ex tonight who I absolutely adore and have been working diligently to ignore her. Ignorance is the hardest thing to execute, but what it does is get the female mind juices flowing about where you are, who you're with, what you're doing. Once this is attained, things become clearer.

I make it clear with beautiful women I've been with that I don't like people coming and going out of my life. I tell them that they're special and aren't disposable. Assuming we're 30+ yrs old and unmarried, everyone has been disposed or used once.

It's ironic that you're misusing the word 'ignorance'. :P

Ignorance =/= ignoring

Anyhow, I get what you're saying, overall. I think a healthy dose of "i'm too busy for you" is a good way to slow down the pace and to keep her guessing and on her toes. She might feel like she has more to lose. It's a mindgame, yet I have no idea if she's playing one right now.

Being friendzoned and have her tell you that your voice sounds soothing to her - and that she likes calling you at night - every night - is something that would make guys hate themselves.

Archived