The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does she like me?

Dazzle

It also means that she enjoys the attention she gets but the prospect of it turning into something more is too dangerous to think of.

I was going to say that she's just stringing him along and completely rip into her but then I remembered that I don't know her and can't really gauge what she's like without seeing it first hand or knowing either party.

If he's the one that is calling her (which I would guess not based on the tone of the OP) then she might just be too polite to tell him to go away. If it's the other way around then yeah, she's probably just enjoying the attention she's getting. In which case she doesn't deserve OP and he needs to GTFO before he gets hurt.

This.

I never purposely go for girls who are attached. It's just that the ones I like a lot of times are. Not easy to locate attractive single girls. It seems to come down to luck first, then game and chemistry.

Cuteness>Attractiveness in my opinion.

Every girl can be attractive if they put makeup, hit the gym and dress right. But not every girl can be cute.

But doesn't matter, we shouldn't judge based on looks (never lasts if you do).

Cuteness>Attractiveness in my opinion.

Every girl can be attractive if they put makeup, hit the gym and dress right. But not every girl can be cute.

But doesn't matter, we shouldn't judge based on looks (never lasts if you do).

Isn't cuteness a childish kind of attractiveness? I didn't think they were mutually exclusive. I also find it odd when guys past their teens specifically seek out "cuteness". I don't know, just doesn't seem right but then again maybe we have different definitions.

And every person can be somewhat attractive with good fitness and hygiene but most people (and that includes girls) don't put that effort in so when a person does look good and has a sense of humour, I think it's worth looking into. I don't think it's fair to judge anyone based solely on looks but it is an important factor in sexual intimacy.

I was going to say that she's just stringing him along and completely rip into her but then I remembered that I don't know her and can't really gauge what she's like without seeing it first hand or knowing either party.

If he's the one that is calling her (which I would guess not based on the tone of the OP) then she might just be too polite to tell him to go away. If it's the other way around then yeah, she's probably just enjoying the attention she's getting. In which case she doesn't deserve OP and he needs to GTFO before he gets hurt.

I wouldn't rip into her either way but from what OP is saying, she is overstepping some boundaries to be showered with attention she isn't getting elsewhere. If OP sees it for what it is, he needs to stop feeding her ego and gtfo for sure for both their sake.

Nah if she wants to see you in person, she's interested.

But she's likely just stringing you along in case she gets dumped

This. If she were interested, she'd want to know you better in person on her own time doing anything like eating, walking, shopping, sightseeing and exercising and whatever she's comfortable with you seeing. And it's got to be multiple things, not one single, exclusive thing.

I'm assuming she's the one that dials the phone every night? Does she ever refer to you as a friend in a "oh, I'm so lucky to have you as a friend" kind of way? Because that's girl-talk for "I just want to be friends but I don't want to assume you're into me so I will drop vague hints and hope you back off."

You should re friend zone her. Just start talking about your poops or that weird thing you found on your back the other day. and anytime she brings up her boyfriend just change the subject to like sports or your favorite Jason Statham movie.

Glad I could help.

It also means that she enjoys the attention she gets but the prospect of it turning into something more is too dangerous to think of.

New plan, the next time she calls you tell her straight up you don't want to continue chatting with her in the wee hours of the night unless it is something her boyfriend is completely fine with or it's a relationship that has fizzled out. Don't respond to her unless she gives you a definite answer. Ezpz.

She already knows he is not a douche, since dude spends like 1-2 hrs a night gabbing with her on friendly talk.

Life is too short to waste on keeping feelings repressed. If she says no, so what? At least dude will have his answer, and then maybe he can stop wasting so much time on this bs. And who knows, maybe she secretly wants to ditch her current boyfriend and is waiting for this new guy to start showing some balls. Fortune favors the bold.

maybe the right question is "does you really like this girl?"

reflect about these things:

1) does she talks with you only about her problems or she talks about everything including funny things?

2) does she call you by nickname refering to a cute/sexy nickname or just a nickname reflecting your persona?

3) does she reffer to her boyfriend as a normal man or some sort of "prince"?

4) someday she ever told you about problems involving she and her boyfriend?

5) how good/bad is her relationship with her boyfriend?

6) how good is the relationship between you two?

7) did she ever mentioned, even remotely or just for fun, something erotic/sexy?

8) who end the conversation?

9) how deep your conversation go with her? it is just a casual conversation or things go deep inside what you´re talking about?

10) does she have marriage plans with her current boyfriend?

if the results for most of these questions are "YES" (or something like this) so she doesn´t like you...

she only sees you as a "troubleshooter" or "the key guy". means she talks with you only when she has problems that her boyfriend can´t solve or when he doesn´t care. so she talks with you because you´re her last choice to find a solution...

had this problem before. then I said "f$&$ you" and moved on...

if a girl really likes you and if she is ready to have a strong relationship with you she will do it. if she feels confortable with her current boyfriend so it means she will not see you as a partner, she will see you just as a "guy that she has some casual conversation"...

I'm replying backwards, from recent to older - I didn't want to bother going back in chronological order again, lol.

aeromota:

1) does she talks with you only about her problems or she talks about everything including funny things? Both, though rarely "problems"; she's there for some small talk and some deeper ones.

2) does she call you by nickname refering to a cute/sexy nickname or just a nickname reflecting your persona? Kinda both. Calls me rabbit, for example, among others.

3) does she reffer to her boyfriend as a normal man or some sort of "prince"? Normal. My impression is that it's been 4 years. They get along but it's not her ideal relationship. I kinda feel intimidated to meet this kind of a girl, since the longest relationship (and deepest) one has lasted only one year.

4) someday she ever told you about problems involving she and her boyfriend? Yes. So far, nothing bad. No domestic abuse, etc.

5) how good/bad is her relationship with her boyfriend? So-so; seems like a nice guy but doesn't pay much attention to her that often. Sometimes says she's stupid, though i don't know if that's a joke - or if there's more verbal abuse than it seems.

6) how good is the relationship between you two? Very good. She wants to talk on the phone a lot /and or text. Recently sent me a rare baby pic of me.

7) did she ever mentioned, even remotely or just for fun, something erotic/sexy? Not yet.

8) who end the conversation? Usually her, but it takes a VERY long time for her to do it. She ends it because she's sleepy. This is at the end of a 2+ hr convo.

9) how deep your conversation go with her? it is just a casual conversation or things go deep inside what you´re talking about? I'd say very deep, considering we talk about how we feel on things. We laugh. We 'flirt' (I call her a charming person, and she says that nobody ever calls her that). She's a quirky girl that has a surprising sense of humor.

10) does she have marriage plans with her current boyfriend? Not that I'm aware of. It feels a lot like a high school relationship, only that they don't have plans to marry afterward.

No, I'm not at all a douche, especially not with her. I feel like one wrong move and I'd bring shame to myself and to others. She's a family friend, yet it is very noticeable when she messages me/phones me first. I'm not implying that she is desperate or a 'slut', but I can understand that she enjoys my company.

I'd agree that I'm probably a 'side chick' in this instance. I'd just have to make sure that she doesn't waste my time when I need that time (in other words, she is not always priority). Not being a dick, but don't put her on a pedestal either.

Just please don't let yourself fall for this girl. I'm speaking from personal experience, this is a very dangerous (mentally) and heartbreaking road.

I don't doubt that she's a sweet girl, and maybe she isn't "leading you on" on purpose and it very well could be a subconscious thing. However, if she didn't want to be with her BF, I think she would have made it known by now in some form or another.

Nobody deserves to be a backup plan.

Most girls under 30 LOVE to play mind games and mess with guys.

Like a few have said it sounds like she just wants someone to talk to, and is not getting that verbal attention from her BF.

Also, there is the possibility of you just being a back-up/ditch option in case things don't work out with her BF or she gets bored with him and wants a quick rebound.

She could also just see you as a great friend.

I don't know this person, she could be be truly genuine, but the numbers are against her on this one.

She could also be testing you, showing vague interest to see how much you will show back. Girls love the "chase" and being "chased".

Either way this could end in 1 good possibility or a few bad ones.

Just remember, play her before she plays you. Oh, and watch out for her BF finding out and paying you a visit/kicking your head in.

Good luck.

I don't like the idea of a friend zone. A man is either date-able or he's not. If a girl doesn't find a guy attractive, she'll just consider him a friend. As for your situation, I think you should just wait a bit. Don't steal the guy's girl, but keep her close. Like others suggested, it's best to just ask her straight up like an adult.

Just please don't let yourself fall for this girl. I'm speaking from personal experience, this is a very dangerous (mentally) and heartbreaking road.

I don't doubt that she's a sweet girl, and maybe she isn't "leading you on" on purpose and it very well could be a subconscious thing. However, if she didn't want to be with her BF, I think she would have made it known by now in some form or another.

Nobody deserves to be a backup plan.

Most girls under 30 LOVE to play mind games and mess with guys.

Like a few have said it sounds like she just wants someone to talk to, and is not getting that verbal attention from her BF.

Also, there is the possibility of you just being a back-up/ditch option in case things don't work out with her BF or she gets bored with him and wants a quick rebound.

She could also just see you as a great friend.

I don't know this person, she could be be truly genuine, but the numbers are against her on this one.

She could also be testing you, showing vague interest to see how much you will show back. Girls love the "chase" and being "chased".

Either way this could end in 1 good possibility or a few bad ones.

Just remember, play her before she plays you. Oh, and watch out for her BF finding out and paying you a visit/kicking your head in.

Good luck.

I don't like the idea of a friend zone. A man is either date-able or he's not. If a girl doesn't find a guy attractive, she'll just consider him a friend. As for your situation, I think you should just wait a bit. Don't steal the guy's girl, but keep her close. Like others suggested, it's best to just ask her straight up like an adult.

Well, I took the advice of people in this thread, sort of. I didn't ask about ME, but asked some questions about him, particularly because he seems to put her down a bit (maybe as a joke on his part). I got some answers.

Turns out.. she doesn't want to deal with the idea of breaking up with him for now. From how I interpret it, she's invested emotionally and it's four wasted years if she just gives up on him. That being said, her friends don't approve of him (at all). Her mom doesn't like him. He doesn't like her either.

She has another guy friend - says they are polar opposites to each other. I think he was implying that she doesn't fit with him. Not sure if he's trying to get close with her (not enough info).

I asked him what she liked about him - and has it stayed the same since meeting him? She came up with just two things. He's funny..................................... *big pause*.

And then about half a minute later, she came up with one more, he'd protect her. But even she admits that it shouldn't have been this hard to come up with positives.

I never bashed the guy to her. I just said that it's hard and that there's emotional investment, etc etc. I even said that there's probably other things that are positives from him that haven't come up yet. Still, she says that they have "issues that they are dealing with". Doesn't seem at all like they're happy together.

As people have correctly pointed out, I'm a "good" backup plan, which sucks, which, as CanuckianOne said, nobody deserves to be a backup plan (thank you)

She asked if I was liking anyone right now last night...

Hard to walk away from a situation like this one, but at the same time, she is a family friend's daughter. Not to mention again, she is attached, as long as she keeps seeing him.

I don't know if she's 'stringing me along', though it is quite possible, especially if she'll just go back to her bf.

People are right that I'm giving her the verbal attention or doing the other things that her BF doesn't do.

Well, I took the advice of people in this thread, sort of. I didn't ask about ME, but asked some questions about him, particularly because he seems to put her down a bit (maybe as a joke on his part). I got some answers.

Turns out.. she doesn't want to deal with the idea of breaking up with him for now. From how I interpret it, she's invested emotionally and it's four wasted years if she just gives up on him. That being said, her friends don't approve of him (at all). Her mom doesn't like him. He doesn't like her either.

As people have correctly pointed out, I'm a "good" backup plan, which sucks, which, as CanuckianOne said, nobody deserves to be a backup plan (thank you)

She asked if I was liking anyone right now last night...

Hard to walk away from a situation like this one, but at the same time, she is a family friend's daughter. Not to mention again, she is attached, as long as she keeps seeing him.

I don't know if she's 'stringing me along', though it is quite possible, especially if she'll just go back to her bf.

I can never understand women who stay with losers..they will never change these guys..sounds like he is a real prize, everyone doesnt like him and he doesnt even like her...and she cant see the writing on the wall?

She will never dump him but when he dumps her she may come running to you...you might want to think about cutting ties now.

Oh, I should clarify... he doesn't like her mom (and her mom doesn't like him). According to the girl, her mom had never approved of him at any point in time - which is the funny thing. The mom said: "I hope you're not going to date this guy", which ended up happening, but I think she's unsure of what to do.

A loser? I'm not sure. I don't know the guy at all and barely know what he looks like. I see his posts on her wall though, but they don't say anything too personal. They're just posts with pictures.

I'm not liking the idea of "cutting ties"; however, this is where I should tread very very carefully and not risk having my heart broken.

I think she has feelings for you but since she has a bf feels nervous doing anything about. She can talk to you lots on the phone because it is 'safe.' Going out for a drink she might want to, but feel that would cross a line. Either play it cool till she is single if you still like her, or if you have decided that she is the 'one' for you already, tell her your feelings and let her decide. The last thing you want to do is fool around with her, most relationships that start that way end that way....

Oh, I should clarify... he doesn't like her mom (and her mom doesn't like him). According to the girl, her mom had never approved of him at any point in time - which is the funny thing. The mom said: "I hope you're not going to date this guy", which ended up happening, but I think she's unsure of what to do.

A loser? I'm not sure. I don't know the guy at all and barely know what he looks like. I see his posts on her wall though, but they don't say anything too personal. They're just posts with pictures.

I'm not liking the idea of "cutting ties"; however, this is where I should tread very very carefully and not risk having my heart broken.

Your doing the right thing buddy. If you really like a girl and she's fine with the guy she's with you don't interfere with that.

Sometimes when you really like someone, your mind is always looking for signals that the person likes you back. Overtime you add up these small signals and you feel like 100%, this girl likes me. Like it feels so real.

But its not, and if you went up to her and asked if she had feelings for you or told that you did, she would be disappointed because someone who she thought was a friend that she can be free with and tell all to is not.

I'm just guessing from what you have told us but thats what probably would have happened. If you want decide for yourself just remember to keep all emotional forces out. It makes a huge difference.

And don't ever think that you will never find a girl like her again, you will and you will learn from this experience.

I don't like giving advice but also don't want a any guy to have their heart broken.

People keep saying girls play mind games, they don't, its all on the guy who uses his heart.

Just say the word and a group of us from here on CDC will find this guy and make sure he doesn't bother your lady friend ever again :P

she might be interested in you, the reason why I am saying this is because a girl wouldn't spend hours on a phone with a guy she doesn't like or have some interest.

try this.

If you talk on the phone with her again, make the action to end the call early. Tell her hey you gotta get going, talk to her later, etc etc, see what her reaction is.

keep doing this, now every time she calls you, make the effort to disconnect the call.

Archived