The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Rebounding Gino Odjick thankfully looks ahead to a possible role with Canucks

johnnyrocks

11 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Gino would have murdred Kadri for hitting Daniel then murder Martin for jumping Stetcher. 

Both would never play again. 

Agree, he wouldn't of let that crap slide even in this new era. That's why tbh I'm actually excited a bit for the guy they picked up on waivers Cramarossa, watching some videos he could actually be the next Gino!!

2 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Had to bump this as it was going through my mind today. It's amazing how back in 2014 doctors said he only had weeks left to live, yet here we are 3 years later and he's still alive. It's an amazing story and I strongly believe a lot has to do with the fans of Vancouver and family across the country, who gave him the support he needed to continue on. He's a fighter and strong hearted person, and just hope the support is still there for him because he does need it!

Seeing this threat bumped scared me.  He'll have my support as long as he's fighting.

my all-time favourite canuck.,i remember his rookie season.he was about 19 or 20 and was dominant in every fight out of traning camp.pat quinn was one of the best people in the history of hockey,he truly cared about his players.great article. 

5 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not that I know of, but today on Global news they said the reason why Squire Barnes was not on today, was because he was supposedly doing an interview with Gino.

Awesome to hear, thanks! I knew a guy that had amyloidosis, it's a terrible disease. He died years ago. When I found out Gino had it, it hit really close to home. I grew up loving Gino, so to hear he's doing so well with this is fantastic news!

On 2017-03-02 at 0:17 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Had to bump this as it was going through my mind today. It's amazing how back in 2014 doctors said he only had weeks left to live, yet here we are 3 years later and he's still alive. It's an amazing story and I strongly believe a lot has to do with the fans of Vancouver and family across the country, who gave him the support he needed to continue on. He's a fighter and strong hearted person, and just hope the support is still there for him because he does need it!

His heart was operating at about 20% then and is now up around 60%.   Pretty amazing, really.

Archived