The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Having Daniel and Hank on separate lines [Discussion]

Willie Desjardins switching up the line ups is good for chemistry. Even defense pairs are constantly changing.

I also feel like Daniel and Hank aren't playing 100%, maybe putting them on separate lines FROM TIME TO TIME could spark some new energy.

It's like they get special treatment, not getting switched around like everyone else. Yeah they're veterans, but I know there's more in them.

Just an idea, NOT TO BE DONE PERMANENTLY

IMO, the thing with the Sedins is that they can be doing nothing of any real consequence for long stretches of time, and then all of sudden, they work their magic together and boom, the puck is in the opposing team's net.

Even when they aren't producing, they own the puck and in doing so, are preventing the other team from scoring. I'll be the first to say that the Sedins are weak in the d-zone, but without looking at advanced stats, the eye test shows me that they spend more time north of the red line than south, so they aren't a big defensive liability together.

I bashed the Sedins for being ineffective for the first two periods in the Philly GDT last night and they made look and act the fool with what they produced with Burrows in the third...so IMO, splitting them up to shake them up or spread out the offence is probably not a good idea. I say keep them together.

IMO, the thing with the Sedins is that they can be doing nothing of any real consequence for long stretches of time, and then all of sudden, they work their magic together and boom, the puck is in the opposing team's net.

Even when they aren't producing, they own the puck and in doing so, are preventing the other team from scoring. I'll be the first to say that the Sedins are weak in the d-zone, but without looking at advanced stats, the eye test shows me that they spend more time north of the red line than south, so they aren't a big defensive liability together.

I bashed the Sedins for being ineffective for the first two periods in the Philly GDT last night and they made look and act the fool with what they produced with Burrows in the third...so IMO, splitting them up to shake them up or spread out the offence is probably not a good idea. I say keep them together.

Fair enough. Though both Burrows goals came with help from Daniel. I thought maybe Dan and Alex could be paired up with Hank on another line. But true, it's all or nothing with the twins

As they are both playmakers now, it would only make sense to split them up, yet I don't think they ever will be. At least not consistently.

Here's something to consider: You know how Vey can't win a draw to save his life, right? Then why not put Daniel in that spot instead? What's the difference? Oh right, Daniel is a former art ross winner and Vey is a scrub. lul.

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian

Matthias-Daniel-Vrbata

Kenins-Horvat-Hansen

Higgins-Bonino-Richardson

D.Sedin doesn't play well without Henrik. He looks lost. Where as Henrik can play without Daniel and be fine. You want the most out of them? Play them together

If i were to spilt them up tho, the lines would be

Kenins-H.Sedin-Vrbata

D.Sedin-Horvat-Burrows

The way I see it it's not just about getting the most out of the Sedins. I think it puts pressure on everyone else the fact that the twins get special treatment. It's also pressure to play with two brothers who know each other so well they don't need to look when they pass to each other. There's a point where you kind of feel left out... lol I don't know

Archived