The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Currently Reading?

dank.sinatra

Just now, Ilunga said:

Each book is massive, better part of a 1000 pages.

Some of them you fly through, some are a bit more of a slog. It was something like over 4 million words when all put together. I read all of them.   There is also a  weird sequel that came out that was awful. Their is a current prequel trilogy in progress that is pretty good. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Have you read the Malazan series by Canadian Author Steven Player Name ?

I am slowly collecting the series from my second hand book stores, have seven of the ten books.

Edit 

Can't even print an author's name with that players same surname 

I have read it all. The first 3 books are top notch fantasy. The next few not as much and then it picks up steam again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

I have read it all. The first 3 books are top notch fantasy. The next few not as much and then it picks up steam again. 

I would skip the Kharkanos trilogy it was awful. The current Path to Ascendacy series is good. 
‘But read Esslemonts books. They are tighter and better paced. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

We share a lot in common.

I think my Autism prevents me from connecting properly with people at times. 

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

We share a lot in common.

I think my Autism prevents me from connecting properly with people at times. 

Yes we really do. I was just over some of the back and forth in the politics thread. Don't worry. We're cool! 

• Huggy Bear 1

10 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

My visitation will drop down by 90% but is what it is. 

Same.

I don't think I can make up the time reading trade proposal after trade proposal, where half the team gets moved, the Canucks get rid of all their deadwood for players on the rise and the Cap is a non issue....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Same.

I don't think I can make up the time reading trade proposal after trade proposal, where half the team gets moved, the Canucks get rid of all their deadwood for players on the rise and the Cap is a non issue....

I have to be really bored to dip into the proposals section. Fans will be fans. 

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Same.

A lot of the hockey side is silly.

Everyone is an expert and the convos go in defensive circles.

I do enjoy it but can't spend much time there.

These Off Topic threads being removed are getting my tinfoil hat warm. What could have triggered the mods to do this? The one similarity in both threads is the RvW convo. Do we have an anti-abortionists or religious person suppressing our opinions? I hope we get an explanation. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

When I first joined CDC, almost 20 years ago, most of my posting was in the hockey forums, but over that time, I've seen little but unrealistic proposals, 20-20 hindsight over what the coach / GM "should have done" (and the "fact" that they should be fired) and constant complaints about the current "whipping boys" members of the team.

Over the years I've gotten into sometimes heated discussions, defending the likes of Alain Vigneault (still the best coach in Canucks history, IMO) Kevin Bieksa, Alex Edler and even the Sedins. (You'd be surprised and disappointed to know how many so-called Canuck fans were calling them "sisters" back in the early days)

After a while, I just got tired of all the "experts" who touted their own knowledge, because they "watch every game"....:rolleyes:

The US political thread was my main stop on CDC and I'll probably be around less and less if it's gone for good.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

These Off Topic threads being removed are getting my tinfoil hat warm. What could have triggered the mods to do this? The one similarity in both threads is the RvW convo. Do we have an anti-abortionists or religious person suppressing our opinions? I hope we get an explanation. 

I remember making one brief foray into the proposals section.....I suggested we offer Luongo to the Habs for Carey Price and Max Pacioretti...

At the time, Price was not yet a superstar, (in fact, Jaro Halak was getting the start in most of the big games at the time) the Canucks were not a serious contender and Patches had yet to break out....My thinking at the time was that it would be very hard for Montreal's GM to say no to a star goaltender, who was a local boy as well....

I was absolutely roasted...."Trade Luongo?! Are you crazy?!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

When I first joined CDC, almost 20 years ago, most of my posting was in the hockey forums, but over that time, I've seen little but unrealistic proposals, 20-20 hindsight over what the coach / GM "should have done" (and the "fact" that they should be fired) and constant complaints about the current "whipping boys" members of the team.

Over the years I've gotten into sometimes heated discussions, defending the likes of Alain Vigneault (still the best coach in Canucks history, IMO) Kevin Bieksa, Alex Edler and even the Sedins. (You'd be surprised and disappointed to know how many so-called Canuck fans were calling them "sisters" back in the early days)

After a while, I just got tired of all the "experts" who touted their own knowledge, because they "watch every game"....:rolleyes:

The US political thread was my main stop on CDC and I'll probably be around less and less if it's gone for good.

I tend to float in and out. I will get tired of it and disappear for a few months. 
Come back when feeling argumentative.

A lot of people have faded out that we’re here a lot, most of the fruits, oldnews etc. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

8 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

8 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Maybe we can do a sports/politics combination thread.

I propose that we trade Pierre Poilievre to the US for AOC.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

That would be the best deal since we traded them ted Cruz for nothing.

I'd tell them that if they throw in Katie Porter, they can keep Bieber.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

She would be bored here as her “radical agenda” is pretty middle of the road in Canada. 

• Cheers 1

Just started 1984 by Orwell and Catch-22 by Heller. Read the first chapter from each, loved both of it, so now I can't really choose which one to read. lol The last one I finished reading was From Here to Eternity by Jones.

• Like 1