The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

Earlier on I mentioned the 3 (now 1) remaining games against the Kings, and stated we should "beat them now so we don't have to later". I'm just starting to realize that the Western Conference playoff teams are thinking the same thing.

Going out East, the Kings were able to exert themselves over their opponents and win the games. The other teams didn't fight back too hard. And really, why should they? Rangers and Islanders were firmly in their playoff spots, and in no danger to giving points to a rival. But back in the West, the Blackhawks want to keep the Kings out of the playoffs even more than we do. Chicago brought their "A"-game, and didn't let up at all.

But I'm thinking that opposing teams may have gone one further. Was it a coincidence that in a game against the Flames, the team that has to get in to keep LA out, Shea Weber was scratched, and Rinne got the night off? Now, I don't doubt that Weber has a health concern, but I'm thinking if that game were against a different team, he may be more inclined (both personally and by his team) to fight through it. And if Weber is hurt for one game, and you're in a dogfight for first in your division, is that the game you target for your back-up?

No but stop losing to bottom feeders next Dallas really they kick are as$ all the time.. Now we are expected to win against tough opponents but I cant see the nucks winning most of them yes in the past year we did pretty well but I think our luck has or will run out... on again off again off

Punctuation. Look into it. Your post hurt my brain.

Earlier on I mentioned the 3 (now 1) remaining games against the Kings, and stated we should "beat them now so we don't have to later". I'm just starting to realize that the Western Conference playoff teams are thinking the same thing.

Going out East, the Kings were able to exert themselves over their opponents and win the games. The other teams didn't fight back too hard. And really, why should they? Rangers and Islanders were firmly in their playoff spots, and in no danger to giving points to a rival. But back in the West, the Blackhawks want to keep the Kings out of the playoffs even more than we do. Chicago brought their "A"-game, and didn't let up at all.

But I'm thinking that opposing teams may have gone one further. Was it a coincidence that in a game against the Flames, the team that has to get in to keep LA out, Shea Weber was scratched, and Rinne got the night off? Now, I don't doubt that Weber has a health concern, but I'm thinking if that game were against a different team, he may be more inclined (both personally and by his team) to fight through it. And if Weber is hurt for one game, and you're in a dogfight for first in your division, is that the game you target for your back-up?

Chicago really didn’t bring there “A” game. I watched most of it and LA honestly just played bad and looked uninspired. Chicago started Scott Darling (his 12 NHL game) and didn’t really have to put too much effort in to beat the Kings.

Looking back at the Eastern swing, the only “good” game Kings played was the Rangers. Devils have given up on the season and NYI have been slumping, they were 1-4-1 prior to facing the Kings and Tavares was struggling offensively. Then came back and played a tired Wild team and still couldn’t come up with the win.

If you want my honest opinion, it’s that Kings are running out of gas. They play a hard nose, gritty type game and have played a lot of hockey over the last 3 years. Mentally it’s not easy to get your head into the game and get ready to go to battle night in and night out. It’s catching up with them and from watching them a few games this year they have checked out on a lot of games.

Only benefit the Kings have is their schedule. If Canucks and Flames can both beat the Kings (in reg) in their last match ups that will be all she wrote for the Kings and guarantee both Vancouver and Calgary a playoff spot.

Chicago really didn’t bring there “A” game. I watched most of it and LA honestly just played bad and looked uninspired. Chicago started Scott Darling (his 12 NHL game) and didn’t really have to put too much effort in to beat the Kings.

Looking back at the Eastern swing, the only “good” game Kings played was the Rangers. Devils have given up on the season and NYI have been slumping, they were 1-4-1 prior to facing the Kings and Tavares was struggling offensively. Then came back and played a tired Wild team and still couldn’t come up with the win.

If you want my honest opinion, it’s that Kings are running out of gas. They play a hard nose, gritty type game and have played a lot of hockey over the last 3 years. Mentally it’s not easy to get your head into the game and get ready to go to battle night in and night out. It’s catching up with them and from watching them a few games this year they have checked out on a lot of games.

Only benefit the Kings have is their schedule. If Canucks and Flames can both beat the Kings (in reg) in their last match ups that will be all she wrote for the Kings and guarantee both Vancouver and Calgary a playoff spot.

Fair enough.

I kind of expected the Kings to be running out of gas this year, making them not quite as dangerous in the playoffs. But if they don't even make them, that's a whole new level?

Good thing for the Kings that they made the 1st in the Sekera conditional (becomes 2016 1st if they miss the playoffs). But still, that pick and McKeown was a helluva price to pay for a rental, if he just ends up on the golf course!

Not sure why people are scared of LA...

Take out Willie Mitchell, Voynon and a competent Richards and this team isn't the same. I'd take them in the first round any day of the week.

We'd Sweep them if the games had any ounce of integrity but the zebras would make it a 6 game win for Vancouver rather than the Sweep.

I think the Canucks finish 2nd, Calgary 3rd , L.A. with their so called easy schedule ( Edm2,Col,Van,Cal and SJ) they should be able to catch Winnipeg for the last wild card, just a prediction, if that happens they might get to play Anaheim. I find it so difficult to predict these games , also there is the spoiler factor Edmonton has won 3 straight, you just never know , enjoy these last 2 weeks of the season , there is going to be some good hockey, also watch out for the Minnesota Wild they are a scary good team.

Not sure why people are scared of LA...

Take out Willie Mitchell, Voynon and a competent Richards and this team isn't the same. I'd take them in the first round any day of the week.

We'd Sweep them if the games had any ounce of integrity but the zebras would make it a 6 game win for Vancouver rather than the Sweep.

Only team id be scared of is the Wild, with any other team i think we have a really good chance... I want the Canucks to take out the ducks... imagine Kesler's face!

Archived