The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

Why are people worrying for Winnipeg? I can't believe that some pele are wishing for their team to lose just so that LA doesn't make it.

LA will make it because they are a good team. So let's stop with wanting our team to lose and cheer them to win each and every game.

I would like to see all three Canadian Teams make it, but that is unlikely.

LA however has to play both Vancouver and Calgary in two of their final four games. Clearly the Canadian Teams have their destiny in their own hands. Beat LA in those two games and calgary would have a minimum of 95 and Van a minimum of 97 while LA could only reach 96 maximum. (assuming both Calgary and Vancouver beat LA in regulation. So that is the key to blocking the kings out)

As for Winnipeg, it is Win to get in. Minnesota, St Louis and Colorado before a finale against Calgary.

Will it come down to that final game between Winnipeg and Calgary to decide who will make it? Not if The Jets can get some early Dubs against playoff hopefulls Minny and locked in St Louis.

Vancouver, I think is a lock already, albeit not mathmaticaly guaranteed just yet. they will trip over the 96 point threshold in one of the next three games and make the playoffs.

TOmorrow night Van needs to beat LA and Jets need to beat Minnesota. (*to help settle things earlier)

All looks good but the Nucks still need to get that extra point. Heres a scenario that although isnt likely to happen, still can happen: The Kings win out (probably will happen). Flames win 2/3 losing only to the Kings (Good chance). The Jets win 2/3 losing only to the Flames (50/50). The Wild win 1/3 (Good Chance). This would leave the following at the end of the season:

Minny: 98-102 points

LA: 99 points

Winnipeg: 100 points

Calgary: 97 points (but they own the tie breaker with Van)

Vancouver: 97 points

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but just stating we have to get a point out of these last two games or anything can happen.

All looks good but the Nucks still need to get that extra point. Heres a scenario that although isnt likely to happen, still can happen: The Kings win out (probably will happen). Flames win 2/3 losing only to the Kings (Good chance). The Jets win 2/3 losing only to the Flames (50/50). The Wild win 1/3 (Good Chance). This would leave the following at the end of the season:

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but just stating we have to get a point out of these last two games or anything can happen.

That has an approximate chance of 0.01% of happening :)

But I get what you're saying. We should be able to pull out atleast one victory in the final two games, if not both.

I say we win both, and Calgary falls out. Sorry everybody, we are playing the Kings in the first round lol

While I would quibble about some of the odds you're giving, it's still a good observation about 98 points being the threshold of security. In all probability, though, it comes down to the Calgary LA game for 3rd place in the Pacific.

We're the only ones showing signs of slipping, and our upcoming four game stretch is going to be a doozy.

I'd be beyond pissed if we missed out on the playoffs after pushing ourselves out of a top ten draft spot. It almost hurts. We're in the one position we can't afford to be in.

No playoffs means no experience for our our rookies and a >15 draft spot means no top end talent. Which is we're DESPERATE for.

Bubble team. Frack.

the drama runs deep with this one.

WPG 94pts 3GR 34ROW

@STL- could go either way. Predicting 4-3 Jets

@COL- 5-2 Jets

vsCGY

CGY 93pts 3GR 39ROW

vs ARZ- 4-1 Flames

vs LAK

@WPG

LAK 93pts 3GR 37ROW

@EDM- Tired Kings vs young rested Oilers seeking revenge. 4-2 Oilers

@CGY

vsSJS- 3-1 Kings

Honestly i HOPE the Kings stay out. But its in Calgary's hands.

So lets say worst case scenerio the Kings win and Jets lose tonight. (Honestly believe Oilers will win)

"assuming Flames win"

WPG 94pts 2GR 34ROW

@COL

vs CGY

CGY 95pts 40ROW

vs LAK

@WPG

LAK 95pts 38ROW

@CGY

vsSJS

best case scenerio would be CGY beats the kings and lose to the Jets. If that were to happen

WPG 96pts 1GR

@COL

LAK 95pts 1GR

vs SJS

So if WPG beat COL LAK would be eliminated. CGY would clinch with 97pts with tiebreaker (ROW). So if we wanto to avoid the Kings lets hope for a calgary win against the Kings and a Jet win against the Flames. A Jets win tonight would be bonus!

Plus the Oilers will win to so the Kings could almost be done tonight!

Looking at the standings and the schedules for each team, maybe Minny misses. They have been showing signs of faltering lately, having lost 3 in a row, and their next 3 games are in CHI, NSH and STL. That's the toughest three games ever.

Although highly unlikely they lose all 3, it's a possibility.

Archived