The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Both Sedins have at least 70 points

Sixteen W's

What???? The twins were injured, half the team was injured, the guy you should be questioning has long left the city.

Hmm?........Thats funny.....That was the same excuse I have heard about the losses in the 2011 SCF's. The first two games they dominated and won the first two games, I don't remember injuries holding them back for those first two games. Unless you classify "Choking" as an injury. :)

Stamkos, Malkin, Nash, Getzlaf, Toews, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Kane, Kopitar, Thornton.... what do these players have in common?

1. They are all elite players.

2. They all have less points than Daniel. All except Stamkos have less points than Henrik.

Hardly a sign that the twins are 'declining' or 'not worth 7 million'.

To be fair a quick glance shows Malkin, Datsyuk and Kane played only 67, 63 and 61 games respectively compared to 81 for the twins. It's likely that Kane's injury robbed him of a career year.

I still fully agree that the twins are exceptional and consistent talents, especially when playing together.

Most of the elite players get dissed in the same way the twins do, by moronic posters/fans of opposing teams. No big.

Their hockey peers and coaches throughout the league certainly give them full respect and for the most part the media as well.

As far as $ value, that's just a business decision. If they have the goods to get the wins to bring the fans to generate enough revenues to create a profitable franchise, so be it.

I can't believe how little respect the twins get in this City. When a so-called sports journalist (Neil McCrae) labels them as "sisters", you then realize how many douches there are in their own market. The day these guys skate off the ice on their last game of their Vancouver Canuck careers, will indeed, be a very sad day. Let's face it, not one leader in this City has won anything yet, don't throw the twins under the bus for that.

Hmm?........Thats funny.....That was the same excuse I have heard about the losses in the 2011 SCF's. The first two games they dominated and won the first two games, I don't remember injuries holding them back for those first two games. Unless you classify "Choking" as an injury. :)

They were the only ones that choked then?? I recall Daniel getting a penalty for getting slapped in the face, while a referee stood there and watched. Injuries?? How about Hamhuis, Samuelsson, Raymond, Edler, Ehrhoff, and Rome's suspension. Did you want them to play 30 minutes a game? Pretty hard to choke, when from game two, the rules of the game completely changed.

quote - It's crazy how little respect the Sedins get around the league.

I'm always amazed at how little respect they get from their own so-called FANS.

Poster above is correct though; we will miss them when they are gone. Yes, maybe they are getting a bit slower, but doesn't every player?

They were the only ones that choked then?? I recall Daniel getting a penalty for getting slapped in the face, while a referee stood there and watched. Injuries?? How about Hamhuis, Samuelsson, Raymond, Edler, Ehrhoff, and Rome's suspension. Did you want them to play 30 minutes a game? Pretty hard to choke, when from game two, the rules of the game completely changed.

More excuses.

Neither of the Sedins have really dominated a playoff series aside from maybe San Jose in 2011. Once they put the team on their backs and carry them through a couple rounds, only then will they get respect from the vast majority.

On topic, it's great that the Sedins have had a nice bounce back season and have shown some grit throughout. If they play like they have lately in the playoffs then Calgary is in some big trouble.

To hope for a player to domimate a series is too much to ask nowadays.

The only reason Kesler dominated the Nashville series was that the Sedins had the suter-weber match-up and had a shutdown line on them. Meanwhile Kesler was left free with weaker matchups.

Fearing a repeat of this the sharks chose to try and shutdown Kesler instead of the Sedins; the result was the Sedins setting a record for most points in a series.

Against Boston both Hank and Kesler were seriously injured and the Sedins had the tough matchup. So don't expect anyone to domimate cause Calgary is deep defensively compared to the sharks and preds.

This part is so true.

The fact that people call Trevor the better captain compared to hank just baffles me. Their only and absolute reasoning is because hank isn't Canadian.

(edit: not that the rest of your post wasn't true... Just really wanted to point that part out)

Come on guys, lets get off this discriminating nationality thing. It sounds immature to say the least. In fact, it is only a few of you that think that way so give us a break and can all the silliness. It serves no pupose and has no room here.

Trevor was a great captain who was revered by Vancouver fans and rightlfully so. There isn't anything that is/was disliked in Linden's character; the way he played, his credibility, integrity, his sportsmanship, his community involvement and compassion with sick kids and his total devotion to the Vancouver community. In total, he held and still holds the respect of everyone.

In my very humble opinion, Henrik has many of the very same great qualities as a hockey player and a community spirited individual. He has certainly been a productive and contributing player to the Canucks. Just look back over the years at the Sedin scoring records. Their consistent production cannot be disputed. Hank and Danny (including their families) have certainly demonstrated their will to give back to the community and contribute to the well being of sick kids. They are very much at the top of the list in that regard.

From what I understand, their kids just love it in Canada. Both Sedins have publicly said they have deeply entrenched themselves in their new home in Canada and except for some time in the summer, spent in Sweden, their children would prefer to be in Canada. I bet they dont even have Swedish accents.

We all have our favorite hockey players. We all treasure what our favorites have accomplished and why they are special to us. I think Hank and Trevor are like two peas from the same pod. They have both proved to be exceptional and devoted people even if their origin on nationality is different. One simply must consider the person, not where he/she was born.

To call the Sedin's weak or "sisters" is the cynical way of those who are envious of them due to the fact they are very good players. An immature, stupid indescretion of those who say that. I recall Wayne Gretsky being monikered "Wayne the Wimp." People could not stand the fact hecwas such a good player. He certainly was not a wimp in any stretch of one's imagination. It boils down to envious frustration in certain people.

I do not believe there is one NHL hockey franchise owner, GM or coach out there who would not snap at the opportunity to own, sign or coach the Sedin twins. Proof positive they are highly regarded in the NHL for their hockey skills and what they can contribute to any team, in character or in talent.

The Numbers "22" and "33" will be inducted together and one day hang in Rogers Arena with the highly touted and respected numbers of Stan Smyl, Marcus Naslund, Trevor Linden and Pavel Bure and rightfully so. An honor they both deserve, especially our present captain.

More excuses.

Allrighty then, what's Jumbo Joe's and Patrick Marleau's excuse then? Two Canadian kids and all that. He's lead them to how many Stanley Cups? Benchsplinters: I agree with your comments of Wayne Gretzky, I don't think he weighed 165 lbs., he was the furthest thing from a wimp that I've ever seen play the NHL game.

Elvis, to say that Linden and his charity work exceeds the Hank or Daniel is a moot point. $1.5M is pretty professional to me. Linden was and is pretty damn good at pr, but don't sell the twins short, they're two different personalities.

Except I didn't say that. I just listed their good qualities as captains, players and people in this city; it wasn't a comparison on attributes they shared to say one was better or not at that specific attribute but rather to list what attributes they have.

Linden happens to have other attributes that Henrik doesn't have and those are what made him a better leader in my opinion.

It's impressive that the twins are the only players on the Canucks to play in every game this season. If they don't get rested against the Oilers, they will have played all 82 games. Models of consistency!

84 players in the NHL have played in every game so far this season (Keith Yandle and Marek Zidlicky have played 83 and can finish with 84 due to trades)

Only 3 players that have played in every game have more points than Daniel Sedin (Benn, Voracek, Backstrom

5 players have more points than Henrik (Daniel being one of them along with Stamkos)

They consistently score and they consistently stay healthy!

We are lucky to have them on our team!!!

I would hardly call winning 1-0 and 3-2 in OT as dominating though the games were super close, infact all the games the canucks won were by 1 goal.

The fact is injuries did play a huge role in that finals whether or not that is an "excuse". Look at how Kesler played against Nashville and then after he got hurt in game 1 or 2 vs San Jose. When 4 of your top 6 are injured or playing injured + a dman gets suspended and 4 or 5 of your top 6 forwards are also playing hurt its extremely tough to do anything.

Not taking away from Bostons win as they played hard and won fair and square but they also ran into the same problem when playing the Hawks the following year. Its extremely tough to play when a good portion of your key players / line up is playing hurt or is out injured.

It's impressive that the twins are the only players on the Canucks to play in every game this season. If they don't get rested against the Oilers, they will have played all 82 games. Models of consistency!

84 players in the NHL have played in every game so far this season (Keith Yandle and Marek Zidlicky have played 83 and can finish with 84 due to trades)

Only 3 players that have played in every game have more points than Daniel Sedin (Benn, Voracek, Backstrom

5 players have more points than Henrik (Daniel being one of them along with Stamkos)

They consistently score and they consistently stay healthy!

We are lucky to have them on our team!!!

Right on. Trade them and you lose at least 150 certain (certain is the key word) scoring points. What other duo does that in the NHL every year on a consistent basis today.

They rebounded this year but i'll wait till the playoffs too see what they can do

Their playoff record percentage is almost identical to their regular season numbers. Chances are, they will continue to put up comparable points.

Pity that some Canuck fans don't know this and continue to believe they are playoff 'busts'.

Except I didn't say that. I just listed their good qualities as captains, players and people in this city; it wasn't a comparison on attributes they shared to say one was better or not at that specific attribute but rather to list what attributes they have.

Linden happens to have other attributes that Henrik doesn't have and those are what made him a better leader in my opinion.

Well if they were/are both captains, players and people in this city, what else is there? I merely stated that they have completely different personalities, and are leaders in their own ways.

Their playoff record percentage is almost identical to their regular season numbers. Chances are, they will continue to put up comparable points.

Pity that some Canuck fans don't know this and continue to believe they are playoff 'busts'.

@higgyfan, truly is sad that they get labelled like this each and every playoff. It's cup or bust with this crowd. Sad to say, it's all on their backs too.

Archived