The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC screws over Canuck fans again

grandmaster

That's your spin, but it's not mine.

Gino is on borrowed time here and a tribute to him should be an important one to the league, not just Canucks. Split screen, why not? Seen it a million other times. Oh don't even think they wouldn't have if Toronto was trying to play.

Exactly

Gino is on borrowed time here and a tribute to him should be an important one to the league, not just Canucks. Split screen, why not? Seen it a million other times. Oh don't even think they wouldn't have if Toronto was trying to play.

Isn't he in full remission with 3 years and increasing time. Also, it was on SN wasn't it?

Not trying to be an ass but everyone on the boards needs to chill a bit.

If it was that important to the Canucks to have it broadcast on cbc rather than sportsnet they could have delayed the start of the ceremony by 10 minutes until the montreal/toronto game concluded

Except we have guides for that and don't even have to be back in 1989 where you have to "turn" the channel. And the guide showed something else.

Did you call on the rotary phone to get the update too? (yes I'm mad, don't even bother trying to reason with me)

I was so up for this game. Now I need beer just to bear with these morons. Over it now. Almost I think.

Haha ::D

our game is meaningless too, we already have home ice

who cares

The playoff brackets are set, however since the Canucks have 101 points and 42 ROWs now they move ahead of other teams they could play in later rounds for home ice advantage. So actually all those commentators saying it was a meaningless game- not really correct.

The playoff brackets are set, however since the Canucks have 101 points and 42 ROWs now they move ahead of other teams they could play in later rounds for home ice advantage. So actually all those commentators saying it was a meaningless game- not really correct.

only team we moved ahead of in that aspect is Minnesota, the other teams we will have home ice advantage over now are in the east so we need to make the finals for that to happen so..... :bigblush:

Real nice of the CBC to play the overtime of this meaningless Habs / Leafs game over the start of the Canucks game. Today is a pre game tribute to Gino Odjick and looks like we missed it.

At least cut the feed in our region and focus on our game. It's all about the east for the a holes from CBC

they showed it on Sportsnet

WELL I was at the game tonight and here is what went down.

The TRIBUTE for GINO was completely disorganized and really for what that young man is going through and the way it was advertised the CANUCKS failed miserably. They did the first tribute during the first intermission when half the people were not even in their seats. We watched the warm up from ice level and then went to our seats. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get to your seats so we were there before the game started. There was no tribute that I saw until the first intermission unless they did it seconds after the warmup in which case anyone watching the warmup at ice level could not possibly get to their seats in time. What a joke.

The second and last tribute was better after GINO was on the screen and a letter written by him was posted on the screen as well. Then the crowd chanted his name . . . All he wanted to hear was his name chanted from the fans who mean so much to him.

Of course to top that off the CANUCKS advertised a Party on the PLAZA for which there was absolutely nothing.

Archived