The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 List of UFA's and RFA's

Id take a go at Green in Calgary, would love to put him on the second pairing and bump Wideman down to the third. Maybe Green will take a hometown discount to come to Calgary, either way we wouldnt have any cap problems sighing him if he wanted to come here.

Is Ehrhoff worth the pay nowadays?

He didnt really do much on arguably the most stacked offense in the league, so I doubt he's worth it anywhere else, doesnt really bring any physicality to a game, he defo peaked in Van, he's just a guy you can plug in now for 15-20 mins a game and some second PP time maybe.

Oduya would be a decent depth d pickup for anyone.

I'd take either Franson, Green, Irwin, or Bartkowski.

Irwin or Bartkowski for experienced depth and those 2 are more of the grind it out defenceman. Franson or Green for offensive upside and to round out the top 4 of our defence.

Only 1 of Irwin/Bartkowski and 1 of Green/Franson. This would add a solid backbone to our team, also trade away Bieksa.

Nashville and Pittsburgh will probably be letting most of their UFAs go for the depth and youth guys they have in the system to come up and play. In Pittsburgh, their defence is going to get a big re-tool, whether Ehrhoff or Martin leave, Derreck Pouliot is coming in to play bigger minutes next season. In Nashville, they have no room or need for Cody Franson.

Sekera is another guy who intrigues me on defence. He was brilliant for the Kings and will probably (and deservedly so) get re-signed, but if not we should take a stab at him.

From a Canucks stand-point I think we need to let Weber walk, somehow trade Bieksa and acquire 2 things - a young, puck moving top-4 defenceman, and a veteran bottom-2 shutdown defenceman.

We have a chance to do that this off-season for free. Trade Bieksa to whoever for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, let Weber walk and we've freed up about 5M. Give that money to Franson, who may take a little less to sign for 2 years. It's his hometown, he had a terrible end to the year in Nashville, but has had success with a Canadian team before so I'm sure he'd be good for 40 points with us next season, if not more playing with Edler as a dynamic, physical and offensive top pairing.

We could also sign someone like Hejda or any veteran defenceman cheaply for a year to play and groom Sbisa, but more importantly to calm this panicky defence down.

Edler - Franson

Hamhuis - Tanev

Sbisa - veteran

Stanton

Corrado

Edler - Franson

Hamhuis - Tanev

Sbisa - veteran

Stanton

Corrado

While I wouldn't be upset to get Franson, he's a touch on the slow side. We desperately need speed, the ability to carry/shoot the puck, create offense form our back end.

That's spelled G.R.E.E.N.

Speaking of Franson, I wonder if his value decreased after going to Nashville. Not saying because I want him on the Canucks, just wondering. I know his role changed, going from Toronto to Nashville. However, 4 points is 23 games can't help contract negotiations.

Speaking of Franson, I wonder if his value decreased after going to Nashville. Not saying because I want him on the Canucks, just wondering. I know his role changed, going from Toronto to Nashville. However, 4 points is 23 games can't help contract negotiations.

Maybe do a Del Zoto? Sign Franson for cheap?

Belesky if Kassian and Mattias are gone

Franson, Mcquaid, Irwin and a trade for a Dman if Hamhuis and bieksa and Stanton are gone

A 4C like Campbell/slaterwho can win faceoffs

Brouwer for Higgins

Soderberg or trade for Berglund for 2nd line

O'Connor if 2 of markstrom/miller/lack are gone

Archived