The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015-16 Canucks Roster

hkang23

Might be naive... but i'd love to see Virtanen with the Sedins. They do their magic and Jake swirls around and fire his famous shot over and over again...

The second could be a solid threat with Vrbata, Bones and Burrows. (After all, we do need some stability!)

I'd also love to see Baertschi* get a chance with Horvat and Prust, as a gritty and fast third line.

Fourth would be a grinding line with Dorsett, Hansen and perhaps Cassels as center?

This means that Ronnie and Vey would be outside the starting line up, and Higgy'll be traded for a second or third.

* If Sven doesn't pan out, I'd try Shink with Horvat and Prust before I throw in Ronnie.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Kenins-Horvat-Virtanen/Hansen

Prust-Cassels/Gaunce-Dorsett

VEY

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Clendenning

Sbisa-Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

I think you may be really close

Kennins and Horvat will stay together to start the season (JB & TL have both hinted to that fact)

Hansen will slot in if JV is not ready (but will be traded if he is ready)

Vey will be the 13th forward if Cassels or Gaunce are not ready for 4C duty then slots in at 4C

Gaunce & Greiner will be first callups if not on opening roster

Shink will be seasoned a little longer and may get the call late in the season

Jensen will need to look good in the A to get called up or if not will be shipped out

BUT YOUR TOP 6 'D' IS EXACT I THINK

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Baerschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Hansen

Prust-Cassels-Dorsett

Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Grenier

Edler -Tanev

Hamhuis-Clenndenning

Bartkowski-Corrado

Sbisa-Weber

should have a nice draft pick next year.

So they're cleaning out Utica and Vey simply disappeared?

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows

Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata

Chris Higgins - Nick Bonino - Jannik Hansen

Brandon Prust - Linden Vey - Derek Dorsett

Alexander Edler - Chris Tanev

Dan Hamhuis - Yannik Weber

Luca Sbisa - Adam Clendening

Ryan Miller

Jacob Markstrom

Next in Line: Jake Virtanen, Hunter Shinkaruk, Ronny Kenins, Niclas Jensen, Alex Grenier, Matt Bartowski, Frank Corrado.

What I would like to see:

I see it as Virtanen and Grenier battling for the same spot. If one of them are good enough to play the full season, a vet winger should be moved (higgins/burr). Vey needs to play in an offensive role.

Top 6 is pretty much without any grit but thats how it's most likely going to be with the players we have. After Vrbata is traded at the Dline.. bring up whoever is impressing in Utica (shink/jensen).

Sedin-Sedin-Baer

Vey-Bonino-Vrbata

Hansen-Horvat-Virtanen/Grenier

Prust-Gaunce-Dorsett

What the line-up will most likely look like opening night:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Bonino-Vrbata

Baer-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-Vey-Prust (Virtanen staying up depending on injuries till WJC, then sent to juniors)

Sedins-Burrows

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Virtanen-Horvat-Dorsett

Prust-Vey-Hansen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Corrado-Bartowski

Clendening

Miller

Markstrom

Higgins is gone Via a trade

Grenier is the 13th forward

Canucks finish with 88 points

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Baerschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Hansen

Prust-Cassels-Dorsett

Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Grenier

Edler -Tanev

Hamhuis-Clenndenning

Bartkowski-Corrado

Sbisa-Weber

should have a nice draft pick next year.

Lol Sbisa is a healthy scratch

i dont recall anything like that. Care to elaborate?

later on during the year when willie wasn't putting vrbata with the twins he said he prefers burrows there because he's better defensively, forechecks, goes to the net, etc.

i also remember rumours of the sedins asking for vrbata to be taken off the line and burrows put there instead, though they're unsubstantiated and i don't give them any weight.

edit: link to an article

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=11015172

Might be naive... but i'd love to see Virtanen with the Sedins. They do their magic and Jake swirls around and fire his famous shot over and over again...

The second could be a solid threat with Vrbata, Bones and Burrows. (After all, we do need some stability!)

I'd also love to see Baertschi* get a chance with Horvat and Prust, as a gritty and fast third line.

Fourth would be a grinding line with Dorsett, Hansen and perhaps Cassels as center?

This means that Ronnie and Vey would be outside the starting line up, and Higgy'll be traded for a second or third.

* If Sven doesn't pan out, I'd try Shink with Horvat and Prust before I throw in Ronnie.

I'm with you on the Sedins + Virt thing, but it's more the way having a linemate with elite speed opens up the defence for the twins. It's really noticeable when Hansen plays with them but he never finishes his chances.

Archived