Lack

Markstrom

Trade: Bonino, Miller, Eddler, Sbisa, Higgins, Vey

Let Go: Mathias the no hitter, Richardson, McMillan

Daniel-Henrik-Burr

Vrbata-Horvat-Kassian

Baertschi-Bonino-Hansen

Kenins- McCann/Cassel's-Dorsett

You could also put Gaunce in as 4C, but I think he's primarily played wing this year, not sure he's up to stepping into C at the NHL level.

You could also swap Bones and Horvat.

Gaunce has serious ability to play defence and good on face off. It is his speed that is a concern I think for playing center. Centers need to be uber speedy in the nhl to play defense. I think Vancouver needs a bigger center than Bonino for third line. Not sold on him. Average center at best.

Daniel-Henrik-Burr

Vrbata-Horvat-Kassian

Baertschi-Bonino-Hansen

Kenins- McCann/Cassel's-Dorsett

You could also put Gaunce in as 4C, but I think he's primarily played wing this year, not sure he's up to stepping into C at the NHL level.

You could also swap Bones and Horvat.

Trade Hansen, Higgins, and Bieksa ( :sadno:) Then make a pitch at Franson or Green, I think Franson would fit GMJB's bill better (bigger guy).

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbatatata
Matthias - Bonino - Burrows
Kenins - Richardson - Dorsett
Vey

Edler -Tanev :wub:
Hamhuis - Green/ Franson
Sbisa - Corrado
Weber

Miller (50/30 split in games)
Lack

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Burrows-Horvat-Virtanen - this kid is going to surprise and this would be the perfect line, with 2 great defensive players

Kenins-Richardson-Hansen

Vey

Dorsett - There's barely any room for him, don't like his new contract at all

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-?

Sbisa-Clendening

Corrado

Lack

Markstrom

Higgins, Matthias, Bieksa, Miller gone.

i dont understand why so many of you want to get rid of Hansen. He is still one of the best forecheckers in the league. Had a great year. A much more complete player than a lot of the young guys your trying to throw into your proposed video game NHL 15 lineups. I wouldn't play him with the Sedins, but he'd have a spot on my fourth line....

For me it's gotta look something like this

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Bonino Burrows (The Bumble Bee's)

Kenins Horvat Kassian

Dorsett Richardson Hansen

Vey

Grenier Jensen Cassels Gaunce Shinkaruk

Higgi moved for a 2nd or 3rd if willing. Otherwise Ronnie hockey stays in Utica until an injury call up.

Matthias probably walks or gives us a good deal, maybe his rights could be traded, but I'm not sure.

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening

Sbisa Bieksa

Stanton

Corrado Pedan Hutton waiting in the wings of the Aud

Weber traded for a third.

We acquire a late second for Higgins, and a mid third for Weber replacing our lost picks.

Get rid of 6 mil Miller and 5 Mil Vrbata, players who can't perform in playoffs.

That's what this team needs to start moving in the right direction.

We still have to GET into the playoffs, and this year Miller's 29 wins and Vrbata's 31 goals and 63 points were a huge reason for us getting there this year. Not to mention Vrb scored 4 points in 6 playoff games against Calgary. He was not anywhere close to the same performer as he was during the season though. He is able to break games open, and I didn't see any of that offensive explosiveness in the playoffs at all. People seem quick to forget also that Miller was excellent in his relief of Lack and in game 5. A blown 3 goal lead was clearly not his best performance but the defence was equally, if not more so, brutal.

To the OP, I just want a younger, hungrier team. I love our vets, most have been Canucks a long time and I'd honestly hate to see any of them go. However, this is a sport, and I want to support and pay towards a team I want to watch on a nightly basis. That are fun and exciting to watch. I catch every game I can and like many here am a diehard fan. Sedin hockey is amazing, and I believe their play will be sorely missed by our city when they're gone. However this team had its shot and it missed, and try as hard as Gilles and Benning tried, this teams' core as it is constructed can't get it done. Time to shake it up while maintaining a few hardworking, leadership type vets and move on to giving our kids a chance.

With no trades or anything:

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata

Kennins - Bonino - Burrows

Dorsett - Gaunce - Hansen

Higgins - Richardson - Vey

McMillan - Matthias - Jensen/Shinkarauk

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Sbisa - Clendenning

Stanton - Bieksa

Weber

Miller

Lack

Markstrom

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baerstchi Horvat Vrbata( I would trade Vrbata if he can fetch a 1st rounder and a decent/average prospect- not a playoff performer)

Jensen Bonino Griener ( Line of skill and grit)

Kennins Vey Dorsett ( two rock n sock em guys, with some skill down in the middle)

Tanev Edler

Corrado - Blank (Hamuis and Bieksa both should be traded, we need to stack up on prospects and build for the future)

Bo Sang Blank

Extra Clendenning

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertchi Horvat Vrbata

Shinkurak Bonino burrows

Kennins gaunce Dorsett

Vey

Edler green

Hamhuis Tanev

Webber Corrado

Clendening

Petan

I think we should start the year with a line up similar to this. Bring in youth and at the same time clear room on Utica to break the logjam.

Out:

Bieksa , for draft pick

Richardson , free agency

Mattias , free agency

Higgins , draft pick.

Hansen, draft pick.

Edited by Seven pounds soft, A minute ago.

I'll keep Hansen,

Not resign weber

And your missing Sbisa

I think Shinkaruk needs another year in the minors.. Corrado should probably play; sitting these guys too long in the minors is also counterproductive. Jensen better start figuring out his game quick. I don't think he's supposed to be a big point producer by any means but either way it didn't sound like he had a very good season until near the end of it.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata

Virtanen - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - Matthias/Richardson/Vey - Hansen

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - _____

Sbisa - Corrado/Clendening

Miller/Lack

Markstrom

Trading pieces:

- Miller/Lack

- Higgins

- Bieksa

My 5 cents... (In no particular order!)

Forwards; Sedin - Vrbata - Burr - Shinkaruk - Hansen - Dorsett - Kassian - Higgins- new guy!?

Centers; Sedin - Horvat - Bonino - Richardson

Competing for a spot; Kenins, Baerts & Virtanen

D-men; Edler - Tanev - Hammer - Sbisa - Clendening - new guy!? - Corrado

Competing for a spot; Stanton & Biega

This means that Bieksa, Weber, Vey and Mathias is out...

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertschi Horvat Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Hansen

Kenins Richardson Dorsett

Vey Grenier

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Clendenning

Sbisa Corrado

Stanton

Lack

Markstrom

This means Higgins, Matthais, Bieksa and Miller gone. Since that's over 13 million in cap, a couple of players and a few draft picks could be coming in.

I'm not a huge fan of going after a D like Green: yes he's a PMD, but way too much of a defensive liability on a defense that is already shaky. Franson I like a bit better, but only a bit. I'm not sure that there's any free agent D out there this year who really meet our needs (PMD, big nasty crease-clearer). In 2016-7, both Hamhuis' and Bieksa's contracts will be up (in case we can't move Bieksa sooner) and PMD prospects like Subban and Hutton may be ready, and Pedan in his role also, so at that point we have a chance to really remake our D corps.

With these kind of changes, we will be a bubble team as far as the playoffs go, but I'm okay with that. Basically we need to start clearing room for the youth explosion that's coming in 2 or so years. If we bring in any new players, they need to be high skill or part of a heart transplant for this team. I'm not sure such players are there to be had, but better one of them at a high price than 3-4 tweeners. We have the replacement level players in the system already.

Archived