The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Vancouver have matched up better against Anaheim in the second round?

Edler and Tanev would have faired much better at defending the top line than Calgary's defence have, and I think Kesler would have been nullified by Hamhuis quite well, but Anaheim would destroy us physically, win a couple of big, close games and beat us in 5 or 6. They're a big-game team, we're not.

No question. We have the stars to counter the Ducks stars, the Flames have nothing except the young no name guys who are working hard and not afraid of losing, since they have nothing to lose. The Ducks probably have one of the most easiest 2nd round in playoff history...lol...

I am sure the rest of the hockey fans are feeling disappointed too....imagine Canucks vs Ducks!!!! Now is the Flames and Ducks, no one is getting up for this series I am sure...lol

Yes. In the regular season, the Canucks would go into a higher gear when playing stronger opponents and crap the bed against weaker teams. If we had made it, Ducks would have needed to work much harder to get the win.

The flames left everything on ice in the last series. I will be surprised if they win a game. The nucks would not beat the ducks in a 7 game series, but we would have presented a better challenge. I bet the Ducks excluding Kesler were happy to get the flames. The flames are not a deep team at this stage. Bottomline though we sucked it hard.

Calgary did well against LA but struggled against the Ducks. Mostly opposite for Canucks.

This. And yes, we match up better, but still not great. Anaheim would beat us in a 7 game series, but I think we would do better than the fames. Especially if we had the Kassassin. Getzlaf and Perrys line, as well as Keslers line are single handedly capable of taking out Calgarys young guns like Gaudreau, Bennett, and Monohan. Flames need Giordano to stand a chance

^ Yep. And Perry is a little pinocchio

corey-perry1.jpg

Kesler is a mopey whiner and always a bridesmaid....

2704204.jpg?size=640x420

Old news shares his obsessive hate for Kesler again.

Fair play to Kesler, he wants to play on a better team. He's a winner, the guy absolutely hates losing. Now compare that to some of our players here who were happy to make the playoffs.

Notice the difference?

Old news shares his obsessive hate for Kesler again.

Fair play to Kesler, he wants to play on a better team. He's a winner, the guy absolutely hates losing. Now compare that to some of our players here who were happy to make the playoffs.

Notice the difference?

You're too sensitive. I like Kesler. However, he's a Duck - and a whiner, and a me-first kinda guy - and perhaps a bit of a diver, and moper as well. Not sure his ego is that healthy either lol. But I hope he's happy with Disney.

If all it took to be a 'winner' is hating losing, Kesler might qualify.

The Flames-Canucks series was the weakest of the 1st Round. It made no dif who won they would not fair well in Round #2.

Calgary had more desire that was the dif.

Agreed....I'd like to thank the Flames for knocking out the Canucks...It destroyed the illusion that this version of the Canucks were any where near a competitive playoff team...If we had gone on to round two,it would most likely have been smiles all round,with not much change/turnover in the off season.

Archived