The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Looking for new phone, need suggestions

sakage.shinga

I agree. The most important thing is to pick the OS first. As others have said you can always root your Android phone or take out all the bloatware to avoid the slowing down.

I'm running a BlackBerry Z30 and I don't think I can ever live without the Hub.

It's all about what works for the person. I agree about the hub whenever I grab a friends iPhone I feel lost and just go WTF is wrong with this thing. I hate having to go to 10 different places for messages, email, ect. I was interested in this thread because it's past time for me to get a new phone but I can't seem to get past my z10

Ive been with them for 8 and I also have my contract expiring in August. I plan on bringing the same issues up.

Good luck. With the new 2 year contract model, the big companies are charging more for plans, not less.

Android has 51.5 % market share so no, 3/4 of people dont use iPhones.

That's in the USA. Worldwide, Android has 78% now and IOS has only 18%.

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp

I just got the S6. Absolutely love it. Great phone, better battery life than my previous phone and it does everything you could want a phone to do with the current technology. The camera has been upgraded from previous Samsung S phones and is in a league of it's own.

I work for one of the big 3 and I can tell you, it's iPhone dominated right now.

Had a customer that had enough of his s4. Was a former iPhone user, was so desperate to go back, he was willing to get the 5c.

Between the 2 choices get the iPhone 5s. Customer satisfaction is much higher. And majority of our customers are using iPhones. Can't go wrong, they also have good long term value and a high resale value.

Go with android and get ready to switch your phone every year. Untimely updates, and even if they get updates, the phone struggles with the lastest version of android. The z3 you mentioned, my fiend has it , and he's already having problems with it. In fact every person I know that owes an android are switching every year to 2 years, meanwhile I'm sure you've seen people using e iPhone4, and why is that? Cause it still works, and their products will work a long time.

I work for one of the big 3 Apple and I can tell you, it's iPhone dominated right now.

Had a customer that had enough of his s4. Was a former iPhone user, was so desperate to go back, he was willing to get the 5c.

Between the 2 choices get the iPhone 5s. Customer satisfaction is much higher. And majority of our customers are using iPhones. Can't go wrong, they also have good long term value and a high resale value.

Go with android and get ready to switch your phone every year. Untimely updates, and even if they get updates, the phone struggles with the lastest version of android. The z3 you mentioned, my fiend has it , and he's already having problems with it. In fact every person I know that owes an android are switching every year to 2 years, meanwhile I'm sure you've seen people using e iPhone4, and why is that? Cause it still works, and their products will work a long time.

Fixed that for ya.

I work for one of the big 3 and I can tell you, it's iPhone dominated right now.

Funny because market research and numbers prove android out sells apple.

I'm sure other people have examples of the exact opposite, switching from apple to android.

Just saw NICX is carrying the ASUS Zenfone 2. Could be worth a look considering price point.

http://www.ncix.com/list/mobile-phones-asus-2d-1216-25.htm

108635_l.jpg

Worst phone.. stay clear away from that piece of crap.

Just got the LG Nexus 5. Pretty decent phone with a big screen.HD screen and camera. 1080p rear and 720p frontal cameras. I got it for $0 on a 2 year plan at telus.

Can't stress it enough one of the best budget android phones on the market right now.

Im still rocking a s3 after going 10years without a cel. My contract is up, will any provider offer me coin/credit for a trade in? Phone is still in good shape, screen is flawless but its scratched on the corner.... when i dropped it..... down at the beach..... in front of 3 hotties.

Im still rocking a s3 after going 10years without a cel. My contract is up, will any provider offer me coin/credit for a trade in? Phone is still in good shape, screen is flawless but its scratched on the corner.... when i dropped it..... down at the beach..... in front of 3 hotties.

I'm still rocking a mint condition S3 too, has barely slowed down on me besides the expected slow downs due to the camera library filling up with pictures, and I've transitioned from bringing my iPod to the gym to just putting music on my phone.

The only thing is after a couple years the stock battery went from lasting me a whole day to needing to charge it once during a day.

Bought a Zerolemon battery for it, now it lasts me 7 days on 1 charge and I use my phone a LOT for social media, listening to music, texting/whatsapp.

You wouldn't get anything from a provider. You might be able to get $100 tops on the used market though. I'd keep it as a spare for piece of mind though but that's just me.

Had the S6 for a week and I hated it. Exchanged it for and IPhone and it was the best decision.

iPhone is just better

What about it do you consider better? For me something with no SD card and limited customization that forces me to install a virus onto my computer sure as hell isn't better than my M9. Just saying something is better without providing any reasoning isn't going to help anyone make a decision.

For best value get a Nexus 5 or the new Asus Zenfone 2. I've been using the Nexus 5 since it released; it is still running smooth and nothing beats the stock android interface IMO. You'll also be getting the android updates asap. Just a warning though, the battery is OK for a moderate user but this phone isn't for you if you're a heavy user. No personal experience with the Asus but I don't see how you could go wrong with high end specs for $2-300.

The Z3 is the perfect phone to me in terms of specs and features, it's got a massive battery, waterproofing, SD slot, great camera, premium build quality, front facing speakers (don't know how this isn't standard on all phones by now). Only thing that bothers me about it is the kind of outdated design, the fact that there aren't a lot of custom roms available for it since I'm not a big fan of the Sony UI and it is pretty pricey.

Even though I loved the nexus, I just signed a new contract and didn't want to waste my upgrade so I got an S6 edge. I was skeptical at first because they took a couple features away from the S5 but after a few days of using it, I think I can live without those features. My only complaint is that since this phone is sealed so tight in one piece, the battery will be difficult to replace once it starts to deteriorate since its inevitable on every phone. Others than that, I'm really enjoying this phone so far.

Archived