The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) do we have our potential 1st line and just dont know it?

Scorvat

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - McCann - Kassian

Kenins - Cassels - Jensen

That is a solid Top-9, if everyone pans out.

As of right now i don't see Jensen In the top nine he hasn't been putting up much scoring numbers and still needs too work on his all around game as well

Except that Virtanen is a RW like Kassian.

I think Baertschi Horvat Virtanen is more the future line. I think they will be out top line, but I'm not sure that is what we really want in our top line. It's still a sad future for the Canucks unless continues to change

Keep visualizing Cassels becoming a Dougie Gilmour-type, multifaceted $ player.

Very hard to simply state this kid's ultimate upside. Seems to continually exceed expectations.

I wouldn't go that far yet, that's dramatically exceeding expectations; anything is possible but I wouldn't get that high of hopes up

If we want Virtanen to be a goal scorer, he should be on the left wing where he scored 45 goals...

There's a reason his goals dropped so much this season, besides his shoulder injury,surgery.

I've played a lot of hockey and playing on your off wing when you're a goal scorer makes a big difference, especially when he has the shot he does.

Look at Ovi.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - McCann - Kassian

Kenins - Cassels - Jensen

That is a solid Top-9, if everyone pans out.

I would switch Cassels and McCann. Cassels will be a offensive force and could even be #1 center and McCann will be a third line center for sure. Kenins Im not sold on yet but if I were to bet on it, he'll be a 4th line grinder maybe used on the 3rd when injuries occur.

I'm hoping for

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Baertschi-Bonino-Virtanen

Within the next 2 years

Bonino are you kidding me? Cassels will pass him in the dept chart for sure once he gets a chance on the big club which may be next year. I think he's Bo in 2015/2016 season and surprises alot of people.

I wouldn't go that far yet, that's dramatically exceeding expectations; anything is possible but I wouldn't get that high of hopes up

why not? having hope is part of the fun when you draft and see who works out. If anyone can exceed those expectations after the season he just had it will be Cassels. Word!

Archived