Canucks Community

Every Point From Daniel's Art Ross Season

thejazz97

Raymond

Tambellini

Samuelsson

Burrows

Hansen

They did it with everyone and anyone on their line, makes it all the more tragic to see age catching up with them...

What's tragic is no gm went out and got them an all star winger, big body like rick Nash- we could have put together a far better package than NYR, just saying

What's tragic is no gm went out and got them an all star winger, big body like rick Nash- we could have put together a far better package than NYR, just saying

I agree with what you're saying in general but not in the case of Rick Nash. I don't think we could've topped what NYR gave them. Also Nash had a NTC and Vancouver wasn't on the list of teams he'd waive it for

Of course easier said than done, but it does feel like the organization also sort of made do with a winger for the Sedins rather than really actively getting someone to push them over the edge to (even more) unstoppable

Amazing stuff. Truly has been a treat watching them play.

Too bad they had to peak right after the Hawks grew wings. We were good enough to have at least 2 cups.

The one year we make it to the finals we have to play the dirtiest/biggest team in the league. Hawks got flyers before us and Kings got New Jersey after us, much better match-ups for our team.

Tampa would have been far easier. Bruins wouldnt have been so bad if we were actually healthy too imo

I agree!

Get the PP going again, and I bet we see 90-100 points out of them.

They just need the help that they used to have (Ehrhoff on the back end, Kesler in front of the net).

Exactly, I mean even on 5 on 5 play not having a PMD is huge. Ehrhoff could make brilliant plays from the backend and we just dont have anything even remotely close to that now. The point is barely even an option anymore. Both from a playmaking perspective and a goal scoring perspective, our defense cant be relied upon to score goals or make solid passing plays. Our breakout passes arent great anymore either. If we still had that D core the Sedins would still be scoring 100 points imo

I agree with what you're saying in general but not in the case of Rick Nash. I don't think we could've topped what NYR gave them. Also Nash had a NTC and Vancouver wasn't on the list of teams he'd waive it for

Nash didn't want to go to any Canadian market. Probably a good decision. His playoff performance in any CDN city would have gotten him flayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMy6Unt-eI

Found this on a PITB article, it's pretty fun to watch... if you have the time.

please show this to every idiot fan of every team in the nhl who calls them the sisters ( note: idiot fan being those fans from other teams that clearly dont know hockey. not the ones who do.)

9th and 13th in league scoring this season.... yeah, they're washed up :rolleyes:

Well, they are slowing down and are on the other side of their peak. But you're right, still top players and hardly washed up or done in any way.

Well, they are slowing down and are on the other side of their peak. But you're right, still top players and hardly washed up or done in any way.

No one said they aren't aging or declining. They're a ways away from not being 1st line players though. They could quite conceivably play another 5 years as "1st line players" if they wanted to. They wouldn't likely be as dominant but it's far from impossible that they're still top 90 players in ~5 years.

I didn't watch the entire video but looking back, it was very clear that both the Sedins were not afraid to shoot. Especially Daniel. Now, both Sedins prefer to pass than shoot, more notably Daniel. They're still great players but what made them work together as a pair was that Henrik was always the passer and Daniel was the shooter.

No one said they aren't aging or declining. They're a ways away from not being 1st line players though. They could quite conceivably play another 5 years as "1st line players" if they wanted to. They wouldn't likely be as dominant but it's far from impossible that they're still top 90 players in ~5 years.

It is impossible... as they've stated that this is their last NHL contract. But if they kept playing here? Totally.

It is impossible... as they've stated that this is their last NHL contract. But if they kept playing here? Totally.

Agreed. 5 years might be tough to pull off depending on who else comes along but that would just make them a good second line. Which is a good thing.

Archived