The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

COMPARABLES

granpappy

hopefully we're not comparing jb to gord stellick or mike milbury in a few years. being required by the owner to make the post season each year or discovering that his vet laden team suffers from jet lag as the season wears on are excuses that will only go so far. he did clearly state how much he liked this team prior to his inaugural season; did he not see the decline that has been evident for several years now? that is a concern.

for now, we live with the bewildering ryan miller signing. we now will likely dispose of one of our young stoppers for likely no where near their replacement value because he cannot trade millers exorbitant contract. brilliant. lucas sbisa, linden vey do not exactly look like cup hoisting cast members.

Dude. Do you expect us to be all-world every year, no matter what? We weren't even expected to make the playoffs by many, many people, and we did. JB is just another great GM in a long line of good Canucks GMs (with the occasional blip thrown in). As long as JB doesn't get desperate with his 23-man roster like Gillis did, we should be golden for years to come.

I have no problem with Miller; he's better than Lack. Lack struggled down to he stretch in Tortorella's season here so we needed to add a goalie as Narkstrom wasn't ready and Lack showed he couldn't really handle a 60 start season

I have no problem with Sbisa, everyone who plays with Bieksa struggles

I have no problem with Vey, it was his rookie season; can't expect a Bo Horvat type season every rookie year

Out of everyone, I was most disappointed in Dorsett, he had a great regular season as the best workhorse and energy player then completely went on holidays in the playoffs. Ferland brought his game and Dorsett disappeared.

dint mean to hurt no ones feelns no how. i made the thread because what the h*ell else we suppsed t'do while we wait fer th'action to boil up'n. n also how great it is that jb is already a "great" gm when he aint not done noth'n so far. time will tell an thar aint noth'n t'classify as great as yet. an also eye's a hop'n tha lil post daint not threw any a tha ol gm's off from trad'n with jb as ah shores hopes not. efn et does than ahs a sorry n all bout tha public post. an lastly th' intention was t'compare jb with an hope he darnt not mike milbury

dint mean to hurt no ones feelns no how. i made the thread because what the h*ell else we suppsed t'do while we wait fer th'action to boil up'n. n also how great it is that jb is already a "great" gm when he aint not done noth'n so far. time will tell an thar aint noth'n t'classify as great as yet. an also eye's a hop'n tha lil post daint not threw any a tha ol gm's off from trad'n with jb as ah shores hopes not. efn et does than ahs a sorry n all bout tha public post. an lastly th' intention was t'compare jb with an hope he darnt not mike milbury

It must take more work for you to type that way than to type normally (ignoring grammar/spelling/punctuation of course).

But yeah, not every thought needs it's own thread. There are plenty of threads still open where people are already discussing things and will continue to do so until we have the draft, free agency and eventually training camps to talk about.

Out of everyone, I was most disappointed in Dorsett, he had a great regular season as the best workhorse and energy player then completely went on holidays in the playoffs. Ferland brought his game and Dorsett disappeared.

Dorsett was injured.

Archived