The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Talbot generating interest. "Talbot, Lehner and Lack could be traded before draft weekend concludes.".

Some people cry that a 'soul' player of the team is gone and that they'll stop cheering for the team. Come on!

I'd prefer if Miller were traded, but if Lack needs to be traded, it's part of the business. It doesn't always work out the way you want it to work out.

Miller needs to prove to the doubters why he is the best American starting goaltender in this league.

Jonathan Quick says hi

Miller is ahead of both of them, by virtue of games played and wins. Yes, Quick has won a cup.

Right now at this time there is no way any nhl team would take.miller over schnieder bishop or quick. Quick has won 2 cups.. how many did miller win. He used to be the best back in 07 but it's 2015 and he's. No longer the best American goalie in the nhl.

Again. Schneider, quick, and arguably Bishop are better.

Def. not Anderson and no way to Gibson.

Give the guy a bit of credit.

anderson seems to alternate horrible years and excellent years, so depending when you snag him he'll either be far better or far worse.

According to this, the Rangers have been offered two 2nd round picks for Talbot and rejected it.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/dreger-details-rejected-talbot-trade-offer/

Darren Dreger was on Edmonton’s TSN 1260 on Tuesday morning.

On Peter Chiarelli mentioning on Monday that he may have a goaltender in place before the draft even starts, and if Cam Talbot is still expected to be the goaltender the Oilers land:

“Yeah, I would expect it to be Cam Talbot. In fact, I would have thought based on the information that I had gathered last Thursday that a deal could have happened as early as the weekend and it didn’t. So now it’s Tuesday and Cam Talbot is still with the New York Rangers.

“And that’s through no fault of the Edmonton Oilers, the Buffalo Sabres, the San Jose Sharks – the teams most interested in Cam Talbot. The Rangers recognize that he’s a valuable piece. He’s got another year left at 1.45. He’s proven that he can be an excellent 1A goaltender. He came in long term in place of Henrik Lundqvist last season, who had some injury issues, obviously. And he proved that it appears he’s ready to be a starter.

“He’s the focus, I’m told, of the Oilers and the Buffalo Sabres, but they still have to find a way to get a deal done. I’m not certain of what has been offered from Edmonton’s perspective. I’m told that there was a team that offered two second round picks for Cam Talbot and that didn’t close the deal.

“So Sather and Jeff Gorton and management types of the New York Rangers are still on a bit of a fishing expedition. But I still think that a deal gets done and Edmonton is absolutely near the top of the list for Talbot.”

The Rangers recognize that he’s a valuable piece. He’s got another year left at 1.45. He’s proven that he can be an excellent 1A goaltender. He came in long term in place of Henrik Lundqvist last season, who had some injury issues, obviously. And he proved that it appears he’s ready to be a starter.

That sure sounds familiar...yet we still have people commenting on Lack being a backup and not showing he's ready to be a starter :rolleyes::picard:

That sure sounds familiar...yet we still have people commenting on Lack being a backup and not showing he's ready to be a starter :rolleyes::picard:

Unrelated, but how on earth did you get it to read "Rainbow Butt Monkey" above your avatar?

“He’s the focus, I’m told, of the Oilers and the Buffalo Sabres, but they still have to find a way to get a deal done. I’m not certain of what has been offered from Edmonton’s perspective. I’m told that there was a team that offered two second round picks for Cam Talbot and that didn’t close the deal.

“So Sather and Jeff Gorton and management types of the New York Rangers are still on a bit of a fishing expedition. But I still think that a deal gets done and Edmonton is absolutely near the top of the list for Talbot.”

More like a pump-and-dump sell job with the help of willing accomplices in the media.

If you were a GM and wanted a goalie, would you pay potentially twice as much for Talbot over Lack? Are GMs really fooled over this? But if they get two seconds for him, that should only increase Lack's value, due to relative valuation and reduced supply.

Yes

If I am Philly I am also trying do just that, shore up areas of issue like...oh I don't know Goaltending (don't forget who's running the team now)

But I am trying to foist Lecavelier or McDonald or another large contract in the process and willingly would offer a 3rd as well to facilitate that

Guaranteed goaltending check. 1st round pick. check. Cleared cap space finally. check.

Philli is desperate for cap space, holmgren screwed that team with 2 of those deals

Wait a minute. Didn’t you just agree with a poster that stated Lack is better than Miller because his save % was higher than Millers. But now you are saying Lack is an upgrade over Mason, Mason who had a better save % than Lack?

Seems these "facts" only apply when you feel they benefit your opinion.

Talbot played great in the playoffs and his team, went deep, Lack didn't shine nearly as much. GMs probably feel that if Talbot is on their team, they'll suddenly be very good in the post season, I guess. Kind of deceiving. Look at Dubnyk, put a solid defensive team in front of him and he looks like a superstar. Send Talbot to the Oilers and he'll look like Dubnyk, when he played in Edmonton.

Archived