The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

Can we just highlight how crazy it is that Boeser has tied Parises record for goals scored by a freshman?

I know this doesn't mean he will be as good or better than Parise at the NHL level and I always try to keep my expectations fairly low, but the kid is making it hard for me to not get all giddy and have my face blush thinking about him.

It has to mean something though.. 

Let me help, keep in mind that is only a UND record, and Parise was in his draft year not his draft plus 1 year. Also it kind of loses some of it's glean when you see Kyle Connor has 35 in 37 as a freshman and didn't get invited to the USA world Junior camp even. He wasn't playing as well then, but also wasn't playing poorly. Love Boeser, high hopes, for him to be a top 6 forward, but he's really a year behind where Parise was at the same age including Parise's late birthday.

Still think he's going to be real good, just need to keep expectations in check.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

Lol that's some impressive detective work. It may just be a funny coincidence but I'm impressed you actually noticed all that. He claims i have a dupe (or I'm the dupe?) of McCannon but I have no idea why.

WSM....the net detective!

You're not a high functioning sociopath are you? 

3 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Let me help, keep in mind that is only a UND record, and Parise was in his draft year not his draft plus 1 year. Also it kind of loses some of it's glean when you see Kyle Connor has 35 in 37 as a freshman and didn't get invited to the USA world Junior camp even. He wasn't playing as well then, but also wasn't playing poorly. Love Boeser, high hopes, for him to be a top 6 forward, but he's really a year behind where Parise was at the same age including Parise's late birthday.

Still think he's going to be real good, just need to keep expectations in check.

Kyle Conner plays in a much lesser league.  His team is good, but the other teams are not to that level.  It's like comparing Canadian college football to NCAA division one.  Sure we have one or two good teams, but after that the talent drops off, so some guys get puffed up numbers.

"BOESER IS BEST/HE IS BETTER THAN ALL THE REST/ BETTER THAN ANYONE"

Alf has spoken the truth, you will now bow to greatness. :lol:

53 minutes ago, newgm said:

Parise was eligible for the 2002 draft and elected to go into the 2003 draft a month before his 19th birthday.

Kesler, Vanek and Parise were all eligible for the 2002 draft but prior to the 2004 lockout high school players that went the NCAA route had to chose or elect that if they opted into the draft their freshman year they lost college eligibility, so some waited until after their freshman year to enter the draft. Those rules no longer apply, but If Boeser did the same thing he'd be in this years draft class.

Hmmm, so it really is that impressive, good to know.

I really hope he wins a championship this year so he decides to turn pro next season. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Lol, his no goal signal clotheslined him.

That was awesome. That ref was pretty solid.

Wonder if the Canucks have any interest in him. His speed is exactly what the Canucks need. 

Edited by MJDDawg

14 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Is Cagguila undrafted?

He looks good. Has rocked a couple of guys, good speed, is tenacious and scored. 

College UFA...apparently one of the most sought-after UFAs coming out of college.  Would be great if Canucks could sign him and Stecher once UND's season is over.