The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I though the looked really good today.  Fast, smart, and skilled.  It has been a long time since we had a prospect with as much potential to make an impact right away.  We haven't had a potential Calder trophy level rookie since Bure.  Pretty pumped about what Boeser could bring to this team.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Pretty dam impressive game by Boeser. Wasn't expecting him to look that good in all 3 zones. I expected he would look good with the puck on his stick but I was really impressed with his positional play and his abilities to make the right play at the right time. Brock understands pro hockey, he's going to be good as is, if he can improve his skating by 20% he's going to be a game changer

i'm expecting brock to be working on his skating this off-season, and come to camp a game breaker. if not, then he'll need seasoning down in the farm, which is ok as well. as long as he develops into the game breaking changer he can become. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Yeah, just little things like wearing a traditional hockey number tell you the kid is all character.

I was so impressed with Brock today. And seeing him and Bo sitting beside each other on the bench after putting together a solid shift, made me feel confident and excited about the future. Both are such solid players and people. 

On a selfish level i am so happy he's wearing the #6 because I got a Cody Hodgson #9 jersey two weeks before he was traded. Now I can flip the 9 upside down, making it a 6, and replace the name plate hahaha!

I'd been waiting for a good player with the #9 to come around, but Kassian didn't cut it in my mind, and although Skille seams like a good guy, I wasn't going to put his name on my back. But Boeser, hell yeah! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

i'm expecting brock to be working on his skating this off-season, and come to camp a game breaker. if not, then he'll need seasoning down in the farm, which is ok as well. as long as he develops into the game breaking changer he can become. 

I still think we'll see him in Utica next season.

3 minutes ago, Canuck Drogo said:

I was so impressed with Brock today. And seeing him and Bo sitting beside each other on the bench after putting together a solid shift, made me feel confident and excited about the future. Both are such solid players and people. 

On a selfish level i am so happy he's wearing the #6 because I got a Cody Hodgson #9 jersey two weeks before he was traded. Now I can flip the 9 upside down, making it a 6, and replace the name plate hahaha!

I'd been waiting for a good player with the #9 to come around, but Kassian didn't cut it in my mind, and although Skille seams like a good guy, I wasn't going to put his name on my back. But Boeser, hell yeah! 

I highly doubt Boeser sticks with #6, that will be just for the remainder of this season.  He'll probably be in Utica next year, but if not I could see him wear #15 (assuming the dump Dorsett) or #17 if Rodin isn't back.

Just now, stawns said:

I highly doubt Boeser sticks with #6, that will be just for the remainder of this season.  He'll probably be in Utica next year, but if not I could see him wear #15 (assuming the dump Dorsett) or #17 if Rodin isn't back.

Good point. I hope not though. You never know, maybe having worn 16 for the past few years, and with that number obviously being untouchable, he might feel that 6 is the next best option. I'll definitely hold off on making the moderation to my jersey though, I don't want to get burned again hahaha