The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

10 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Craig Button thinks his skating has already improved. Top freshman scorer in the NCAA.

By scorer you mean goal scorer?

http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,25403/kyle-connor/

This kid has that honor actually. Still don't know how #1 Boston did not pick him, #2 How he didn't get invited to the USA camp for WJC even, and #3 How he's scoring so fricken much?\

Still think Boeser is a great pick though! Solid all rounder with plus shot

Edited by Derp...

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

This kid has that honor actually. Still don't know how #1 Boston did not pick him, #2 How he didn't get invited to the USA camp for WJC even, and #3 How he's scoring so fricken much?\

The derpage was majorish on that fateful day.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Derp... said:

Ha, I thought I was just repeating what the announcer said in that highlight someone posted of his goal. Wrong obviously, he said the NCHC. Kyle Connor not being on the WJC team is another reason not to put too much stock in that tournament.

Edited by Salmonberries

6 hours ago, zimmy said:

Ironically Bossy was never known for his skating as he was becoming Bossy 1.0 !   Agreed,though, that to be effective in today's game foot work/ acceleration needs to be addressed by most young players.

I know but it was a different league back then...  You need to skate in today's NHL to be a star.

3 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I know but it was a different league back then...  You need to skate in today's NHL to be a star.

So true. The guys who could actually skate during that era, and by that I mean accelerate, maneuver and maintain balance, stood out like a sore thumb and were such an anomaly that it seemed they were cheating somehow. I don't know how many Paul Coffee rushes I witnessed where everybody else on the ice appeared to morph into Coleco table hockey figures. That kind of disparity in skating skill is rarely seen today.

3 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

I sure hope he's back at UND next year. I hate rushing prospects and one and done seems to fail more often than it succeeds with college prospects. Two or three years at UND would be more sensible for all concerned.

Personally I'd like to see him in the ahl. The sooner he gets used to an nhl type schedule the better.

10 minutes ago, NEON.KNEE said:

I'd rather he keep tuning his scoring touch while training with an elite NCAA school.  The facilities and trainers offered to NCAA athletes is second only to the NHL.  Scoring and winning and getting bigger, stronger and faster is what Brock needs.

When he comes out of the NCAA he will be further along than any prospect to come out of Jr.

Proof?  This isn't ncaa football. And what does Jr have to do with anything.  I said ahl. The sooner he learns pro hockey the better.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Proof?  This isn't ncaa football. And what does Jr have to do with anything.  I said ahl. The sooner he learns pro hockey the better.

Yeah, if only Hutton had gone to the AHL maybe he wouldn't be such a useless turd out there :P

• Upvote 3

Just now, Gooseberries said:

He's athe the 40 game mark. Talk to me at 80.

:rolleyes:

There's advantages to either route. 

College players get a LOT more time in the gym, with trainers and skills practice. That generally translates to more size, strength and skills. All while getting an education (which also has its advantages). 

AHL players adjust more to a pro schedule.