The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Very slick player looking at his first half highlights. I kind of wish he would have showed more in the WJC considering his highlights are unbelievable. I wouldn't mind picking up the rest of his line, they have an insane amount of chemistry. 

His style of play undoubtedly resembles Sharp. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Have you seen our team? 7 regulation wins in our last 35 games. It is definitely a realistic scenario. 

I would love that to be the case, but just like chasing a playoff spot, it's not necessarily how close you are to making it, it's how many teams you have to pass, and we have a couple of class A tankers below us in the standings.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I would love that to be the case, but just like chasing a playoff spot, it's not necessarily how close you are to making it, it's how many teams you have to pass and we have a couple of class A tankers below us in the standings.

Fair point, fair point. The oilers are a tanking dynasty. That's for sure. They'll give us a run for our money, but I actually think we'll beat them this year, especially if we get rid of hammer/vrbata at the deadline. Those damn leafs may cause some trouble though.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I would love that to be the case, but just like chasing a playoff spot, it's not necessarily how close you are to making it, it's how many teams you have to pass and we have a couple of class A tankers below us in the standings.

top 3 picks are lotto though.

Closer we get to the bottom the better the chance.

We possibly won't get Matthews but I wouldn't count a top 3 pick out of the picture.

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Weasel said:

Fair point, fair point. The oilers are a tanking dynasty. That's for sure. They'll give us a run for our money, but I actually think we'll beat them this year, especially if we get rid of hammer/vrbata at the deadline. Those damn leafs may cause some trouble though.

I hope you're right, but keep in mind we also have the Toronto Marlie Leafs (who just unloaded Shawn Matthias) to deal with as well.

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

top 3 picks are lotto though.

Closer we get to the bottom the better the chance.

We possibly won't get Matthews but I wouldn't count a top 3 pick out of the picture.

This seems to get lost a lot. We don't have to be THE worst. 

And while yes, the top 3 look to be a notch above, the top ~10 picks all look to be VERY good players as well.  

So sure, Matthews or the Fins would be great but I'm not going to complain a lot if we end up with Chychrun, Sergachev, Juolevi (or one of the top 10 forwards).

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

And while yes, the top 3 look to be a notch above, the top ~10 picks all look to be VERY good players as well.  

So sure, Matthews or the Fins would be great but I'm not going to complain a lot if we end up with Chychrun, Sergachev, Juolevi (or one of the top 10 forwards).

That's fair enough, but the Canucks really need to scoop a potential "franchise player" out of this draft. Now, I understand that any number of players in this draft could end up as franchise players, but we need as close to a sure thing as possible.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sergachev and Dubois would be pretty frickin awesome.  We frickin deserve both these guys. 

• Upvote 1