The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

6 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

^^^it would be a big weekend if he leaves with just Demko signed. The rest would be gravy, IMO.

What's with the IF he gets Demko signed?  Do we have no carrot to dangle?  Nothing?

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

BENNING HASN'T SIGNED DEMKO YET, HE'S GOING TO GO TO UFA1!!11 :frantic:

It's certainly probable that Demko plays one more season, so he can pick his team.  Why would ANY college drafted player NOT stay in school until he's a UFA?  There is zero incentive to come out early.  Oh boy come out early to make 50 thousand, and ride the busses in the ECHL, or the AHL.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's certainly probable that Demko plays one more season, so he can pick his team.  Why would ANY college drafted player NOT stay in school until he's a UFA?  There is zero incentive to come out early.  Oh boy come out early to make 50 thousand, and ride the busses in the ECHL, or the AHL.  

AHL worst case there's no way he'd go to the ECHL.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You do know the min salary in the AHL is 70k right? also he could sign a 20k signing bonus

Just now, Gstank29 said:

You do know the min salary in the AHL is 70k right? also he could sign a 20k signing bonus

He could stay in school, and develop for another season, without suffering in the A.  Then, next season at this time HE GETS TO PICK WHICH TEAM TO SIGN WITH.  What would you do?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

He could stay in school, and develop for another season, without suffering in the A.  Then, next season at this time HE GETS TO PICK WHICH TEAM TO SIGN WITH.  What would you do?  

Sign with the team that has drafted me and has a clear plan set for my development. He IS THE FUTURE and there is a clear path to the NHL in Vancouver

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The vast majority of college players sign with the team that drafted them. I'm expecting Demko's signature on a contract within the next few days.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

The vast majority of college players sign with the team that drafted them. I'm expecting Demko's signature on a contract within the next few days.

I'd just point at Justin Schultz if I'm a GM, you could stay with a team that drafted you and has a plan for you or you can go to a team that guarantees you a spot in the NHL even if you aren't ready and you'll probably struggle until they trade you for new assets

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well there is a chance if Mathews gets drafted by Edmonton that he demands a trade out. Doesn't mean it will happen.