The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On September 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM, J.R. said:

That's not entirely true Sid, he could very well suit up for the Canucks in the 16/17 playoffs too ::D

We have to make it first.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:20 PM, Boudrias said:

Didn't Raymond leave college in the spring and join the Moose? I want a player with Raymond's speed back on the roster.

I always think about what Raymond could've been had he stayed an extra year in college and played a year or two longer in the AHL. I still feel like he was rushed into the NHL. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, suitup said:

I always think about what Raymond could've been had he stayed an extra year in college and played a year or two longer in the AHL. I still feel like he was rushed into the NHL. 

Absolutely agree! Raymond had half a season in the AHL at best and then as you said was rushed onto a weak NHL roster. I was always surprised he could not craft a career around a PK specialty. His speed always had him well positioned on the backcheck. Always a break away threat. More minor pro time might have cemented that potential.

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2016 at 6:35 AM, Boudrias said:

Absolutely agree! Raymond had half a season in the AHL at best and then as you said was rushed onto a weak NHL roster. I was always surprised he could not craft a career around a PK specialty. His speed always had him well positioned on the backcheck. Always a break away threat. More minor pro time might have cemented that potential.

Raymond had so much potential, but potential doesn't materialize on the perimeter unless you have a world class shot.  Etem reminds me of Raymond, speed to burn but rarely shows up in the middle of the ice where games are won and lost. 

Edited by Borvat

On 9/29/2016 at 2:35 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He won't need to.

Boeser has been asked point blank about the idea of holding out and going FA and he basically laughed at the suggestion:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/12/bob-sansevere-qa-north-dakota-hockey-forward-brock-boeser/

There's plan in place. Boeser, his family, UND, and the Canucks are all on the same page. He's coming to Vancouver. Almost certainly next season (2017-18). Every official statement made in recent months, by either Boeser or the Canucks, fits this timeline.

What are you talking about? He said he wouldn't say that. That is not a point blank question or answer from Boeser. He could have easily of meant I am not going to tell you hey I'm going to FA and not signing with Vancouver.