The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My statement was based on Boeser signing a ATO not a Canuck contract. He could have gone to Utica on that basis.

True. I dunno. Maybe it would be better for him , but for me i finally have something to get exited about. Dont ruin that for me. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Woohoo great morning news, after watching juolevi play very well yesterday to Canucks signing Boeser and having him play so soon,  in his hometown no doubt!  The future is bright!

I missed olli s game. He played well u say?

So excited to watch him play in less than an hour.

wish he didn't wear Sami Salos number 6 though. And 6 is a defence number. Hopefully in summer he changes it for next year and of course has a great showing here in his 9 games! 

59 minutes ago, Odd. said:

No, if he plays this year regardless he's burned a year off his ELC. The 9 game effect only applies to CHL players. If a CHL eligible player plays more than 9 NHL games, they become ineligible to be sent back down.

Not entirely true.  I believe he burns a year of his elc, but can still be sent down

5 minutes ago, R3aL said:

So excited to watch him play in less than an hour.

wish he didn't wear Sami Salos number 6 though. And 6 is a defence number. Hopefully in summer he changes it for next year and of course has a great showing here in his 9 games! 

I'm sooooo excitedddd. been waiting for his day since I learned more about him post draft lol.  he is arguably the most exciting prospect we have. 

Maybe Dahlen will take that spot once Boeser becomes an nhl regular 

3 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

NHL GMs need to plan a few years ahead with every decision that they make.  Getting these college draft choices to sign an AHL ATO when their college season ends benefits both the player's development and is in the best interest of the NHL team.  Burning a year of the ELC is something that the NHL team will regret down the road when managing the salary cap.  Most college players are taking the AHL first route and Benning should be trying to convince Brock that this is in his best interest.  I know everyone wants to get Boeser signed but he is only a sophomore and the urgency is not that great right now.

It's not actually given it will be regretted. 

On 22/03/2017 at 11:04 AM, J.R. said:

Yup.

Vancouver's also not bound to be a good team the next couple years either which could/should keep his production down somewhat as well. That third year we could very well be back on an upswing, with him also being more developed, increasing his production and hence increasing his pay day. If he re-signs after his 2nd year instead, it could very well work out far better for us.

So I don't really care if we burn a year or not. Both have their pro's and cons and if that's the cost of ensuring he signs now I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Just now, manroth19 said:

Fired up to see this kid. Hope everyone puts their expectations somewhat realistic. It's a huge step and he has some things he needs to work on

if Willie sits him or Plays him under 12 minutes I'm going to be pissed. 

I think he's got the memo though from Linden and Benning.   this is the kid of the future. 

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I think he's got the memo though from Linden and Benning.   this is the kid of the future. 

He is the future but there's gonna be a lot less time and space in the show and he could use a bit work on his agility. Regardless put this kid on the pp in his natural spot. Right shot point and throw stecher in tanevs place 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manroth19 said:

He is the future but there's gonna be a lot less time and space in the show and he could use a bit work on his agility. Regardless put this kid on the pp in his natural spot. Right shot point and throw stecher in tanevs place 

I wish I could see the first shift of stecher feeding Boeser.  hope someone reposts the game.

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

First game in the pros, of a still developing kid whose had zero practice time with his team...

23 MINUTES FIRST GAME OR WE STRING WILLIE UP! :angry:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

First game in the pros, of a still developing kid whose had zero practice time with his team...

23 MINUTES FIRST GAME OR WE STRING WILLIE UP! :angry:

Not to mention Boeser's game yesterday went into double overtime.

I wonder if he'll play tomorrow because he'll be damn tired by then.

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm sooooo excitedddd. been waiting for his day since I learned more about him post draft lol.  he is arguably the most exciting prospect we have. 

Maybe Dahlen will take that spot once Boeser becomes an nhl regular 

Def our most exciting - especially since we have waited long for this and drafted him. Dahlen can't replicate that! Just wish he wasn't wearing 6!!

4 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Not to mention Boeser's game yesterday went into double overtime.

I wonder if he'll play tomorrow because he'll be damn tired by then.

It's like people have decided to just turn off their brains with anything Canuck related. 

• Upvote 1