The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Just cause it's a Canucks forum doesn't mean you need to overrate players that much..

Even if he reaches Bergeron's level, Bergeron isn't even a top 5 center in the NHL.

This year will tell what Bo's ceiling is, now that he has the monkey of "mistake free" hockey off his back he may become "all that"

The improvement shown last year won't come to such a degree this year but I think it will be enough to turn some more heads and take the 2nd line centre spot.

If Bo has a great playoffs on top of that we may be taking Allfives seriously...at least he would have a shot at becoming top 10.

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego

This year will tell what Bo's ceiling is, now that he has the monkey of "mistake free" hockey off his back he may become "all that"

The improvement shown last year won't come to such a degree this year but I think it will be enough to turn some more heads and take the 2nd line centre spot.

If Bo has a great playoffs on top of that we may be taking Allfives seriously...at least he would have a shot at becoming top 10.

Yeah if all goes well he could become a top 10 center in the league. He's a special player, I think top 5 is pushing it a little, especially with McDavid, Eichel etc just coming into the league.

Yeah if all goes well he could become a top 10 center in the league. He's a special player, I think top 5 is pushing it a little, especially with McDavid, Eichel etc just coming into the league.

I guess ranking centres is a subjective thing. For example, I think Karlsson is the best defenceman in the league. Others prefer Shea Weber, or Ryan Suter. For centres it's no different. I think Toews is the best centre in the league. I would rank Kopitar, Getzlaf, Datsuyk, and Bergeron ahead Of Crosby and Stamkos. That's my subjective POV. I firmly believe that Bo has ever ting it takes to join that top group. That's me though. I see a center's defensive responsibilities in all three zones as extremely important to his ranking.

I guess ranking centres is a subjective thing. For example, I think Karlsson is the best defenceman in the league. Others prefer Shea Weber, or Ryan Suter. For centres it's no different. I think Toews is the best centre in the league. I would rank Kopitar, Getzlaf, Datsuyk, and Bergeron ahead Of Crosby and Stamkos. That's my subjective POV. I firmly believe that Bo has ever ting it takes to join that top group. That's me though. I see a center's defensive responsibilities in all three zones as extremely important to his ranking.

OK so basically your opinion is worth nothing, glad we got that straight

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 4

OK so basically your opinion is worth nothing, glad we got that straight

Our opinions are all of equal value, and therefore important, and to be respected. IMO, of course:)

Your stating that my opinion is without value is your opinion, and I respect that.

Keith and Doughty are better than Karlsson. Datsuyk is what 50? He's not the same player. The other guy's I can live with.

I think Bo can be a more physical Bergeron type of guy too. But again, potentially. Nothings set in stone.

Can people stop replying to Alflives already? It's like trying to reply to Apollo and change his mind - or better yet, desi, who I have on my ignore list but continue to have to see the posts of when people keep quoting his crap. Same here, I've put Alflives on ignore for his complete lack of realism yet every third post is someone quoting him when they reply.

• Upvote 3

Keith and Doughty are better than Karlsson. Datsuyk is what 50? He's not the same player. The other guy's I can live with.

I think Bo can be a more physical Bergeron type of guy too. But again, potentially. Nothings set in stone.

Yes Keith is an amazing player. It's easy to make a good argument for him being the best. Doughty is great too.

Yup, easy to see how these two guys could be put ahead of Karlsson. I just wish we could get a guy of that level on our team.

It's like we have two or three really good number two guys, but no solid number one. Do you see us getting an elite guy? Could Suban or Hutton be the guy?

Yes Keith is an amazing player. It's easy to make a good argument for him being the best. Doughty is great too.

Yup, easy to see how these two guys could be put ahead of Karlsson. I just wish we could get a guy of that level on our team.

It's like we have two or three really good number two guys, but no solid number one. Do you see us getting an elite guy? Could Suban or Hutton be the guy?

Highly doubt Subban and Hutton become #1's. Maybe Tryamkin in 3-4 years.

Seabrook next year maybe...one can wish

Can we shift the talk back to Brock Boeser?

Does anyone know if NDU will have streams of their games? How do I go about watching Boeser this season? I was rooting for Jim to pick him in the first round and we did. I think we have a special player, and if he can push himself to achieve, he might just end up being a 1st line type player. I want to watch his play without the puck, which is hard with almost only highlights out there.

Highly doubt Subban and Hutton become #1's. Maybe Tryamkin in 3-4 years.

Seabrook next year maybe...one can wish

I would bet on Subban or Hutton being #1's over him. Not that I think any of them will be #1's, but Tryamkin definitely won't be

• Upvote 1

I would bet on Subban or Hutton being #1's over him. Not that I think any of them will be #1's, but Tryamkin definitely won't be

It sounds like, considering the posters here who know our players comments, that we don't have the elite number one we need? Is there really no one on the horizon?

I'd agree, Vcrs best bet for finding a #1 D is likely Hutton and Subban .... in that order and I have some reservation about those 2. IMO Tryamkin is a long shot who likely needs time in the AHL but yet is maybe getting more money already in the KHL ....what would you do

It sounds like, considering the posters here who know our players comments, that we don't have the elite number one we need? Is there really no one on the horizon?

We haven't drafted a dman in the first round since 2005 and in the 2nd round since 2008. Is it really so surprising that we don't have an "elite" defense man in the system?

So no, there *really* isn't one on the horizon and odds are strong that we won't have one until we select one in the top 10 of the draft.

• Upvote 1

We haven't drafted a dman in the first round since 2005 and in the 2nd round since 2008. Is it really so surprising that we don't have an "elite" defense man in the system?

So no, there *really* isn't one on the horizon and odds are strong that we won't have one until we select one in the top 10 of the draft.

Who says we don't have an elite defenseman? Last time I checked, figuring out who becomes an elite defenseman isn't always so obvious.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but some of the league's best Dmen were picked late in the first or outside of it completely. So please, spare me the tired old crap on how none of our prospects can be elite.

• Upvote 1

Who says we don't have an elite defenseman? Last time I checked, figuring out who becomes an elite defenseman isn't always so obvious.

This may come as a shock to some of you, but some of the league's best Dmen were picked late in the first or outside of it completely. So please, spare me the tired old crap on how none of our prospects can be elite.

I'm aware of where the "elite" defensemen have come from. Just because some have come in later rounds doesn't mean our late round picks (Subban, Hutton) are going to be elite. I mean any pick technically *could* but Subban and Hutton aren't going to. Watch their games. Neither of them projects to be sure fire NHL players let alone "elite" ones. They'd have to increase their development massively at the AHL level first to change how they project.

So if you are arguing that no one can know the future, congrats on making such a brilliant insight.

If you are arguing that Subban or Hutton have shown any signs of being elite so far, then nope.

• Upvote 1