The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Monahan is also a great two way centre. At 20 he is playing against and successed in stopping Getz, kopitar, Thornton and toews. Horvat did that a few times this year and ppl are already anointing him a multiple selke trophy winner. Both are going to be great. Monahan a little more

Offence and Horvat a little more

Defensive minded. But let's be real. Everyone dreams about the more offensive guy

Not everyone thinks Monahan will out produce Horvat. Soon Horvat will be the superior #1 centre, because of his two way game, and 60+ point seasons, Selke trophies, and Cup parades. This is our Canuck's board, and we should be entitled to some (a lot of) homer ism.

I think the category Mac is probably game breaker type of player with impact to change games an hence the high values attributed to his skill set now .Boeser may well be a game breaking scorer for the canucks in the future ,but all indications are he will have to win his way onto roster with a two way game to point of not being a liability on D side of the puck.He may prove out to be a pure sniper once all the skill sets are molded to the NHL game style the canucks play,scorers,an snipers are an important element to the mix an composite make up of the team.I love Mac but at this point the team direction supercedes his atributes at this time an he will be successful but may need a centre to help him arrive there.To me the important thing is Boeser is in the fold an his upside is up to him an this may surprise more than a few.I think Bo is a future captain of the team down the road.no need to say anymore just more up beat this year about reloading to prospect pool with capable potential that could prove itself out to more than flash in pan rebuild.

• Upvote 2

Not everyone thinks Monahan will out produce Horvat. Soon Horvat will be the superior #1 centre, because of his two way game, and 60+ point seasons, Selke trophies, and Cup parades. This is our Canuck's board, and we should be entitled to some (a lot of) homer ism.

You bring up Horvat's two way game as if Monahan doesn't have one. He is actually already playing against top line centres as a 20 year old.

• Upvote 1

Unlike some of the pathetic haters on here, I'd rather have a TEAM that features both Horvat and Boeser than just one of Mackinnon or Monahan. Not everyone we draft is some bust. Some of you seem so damn distracted by what other teams have you don't realize that we actually do have some great prospects.

Unlike some of the pathetic haters on here, I'd rather have a TEAM that features both Horvat and Boeser than just one of Mackinnon or Monahan. Not everyone we draft is some bust. Some of you seem so damn distracted by what other teams have you don't realize that we actually do have some great prospects.

None of us are "pathetic haters".

We just don't think Horvat or Boeser are better than Monahan and Mackinnon as individuals. I am not sure why you'd bring up Horvat + Boeser when we are talking about individual player vs individual player.

That doesn't mean we don't like Horvat and Boeser it just means we are not going to be so optimistic that we think our young players that haven't really proved a lot are better than some of the most promising young players in the league that have already accomplished more in their NHL careers.

Yes Boeser and Horvat could become solid NHLers one day but Monahan and Mackinnon are pretty much already there and more of a guarantee.

Mackinnon is a one way player. He might have been spoiled, like the Oiler guys, and other top picks, who don't learn the D side of the game. Boeser is a natural goal scorer, who will be forced to learn the two way game. He won't be gifted a spot in the NHL. I like Mackinnon. I just think too many guys are put in the NHL before they are ready.

Mackinnon won rookie of the year I think your example needs work.

Mackinnon won rookie of the year I think your example needs work.

That's a valid point. I still think he's gone backwards since he was asked to learn, and play, the D concepts. I see a lot of those one way guys regressing, when asked to do more on the D side of the puck.

Last time I checked both Monahan and Johnny Hockey are already pretty darn good.

I see him as a 20-25 goal scoring 45-50 points 2nd line winger. Kid can rip the puck but he needs to improve his foot speed to have a chance of breaking the 30 goal plateau.

so chris higgins at 25.

1st rounder

USHS / YALE

shooter

27G 52P

Edited by Edlerberry

If you don't see your last few posts as complete homerism then me explaining it to you would likely not make a difference.

Dismissing factual statements then essentially agreeing with what I said anyway while lacing it with pejoratives does not make your case any more valid. Just shows more of your usual schtick is all.

This thread has gotten hilarious.

I respectfully disagree. So f-in tired of wading through pages of muck to see if there is actually any new information on the posted topic. Camp and pre-season can't come soon enough -too bad Boeser won't be there. I'm expecting good things from him this year.

Edited by Vicky

I respectfully disagree. So f-in tired of wading through pages of muck to see if there is actually any new information on the posted topic. Camp and pre-season can't come soon enough -too bad Boeser won't be there. I'm expecting good things from him this year.

Lol, what kind of news were you expecting on the Boeser front? We drafted him a matter of weeks ago...