The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Yes I agree JB's overall drafting so far has been stellar, especially his picks in the later rounds. His eye for defensive talent however in my opinion is without equal. 

Tryamkin, Juolevi, and Stecher?

Brisebois, Olsen?

Edited by Hortankin

4 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Tryamkin looks pretty good out there too.

Forgot about him but I doubt Benning has seen much of him since he was Russian and our Russian scouts were heavily involved with the pick.

My guess is that he's a Russian pick. But Benning deserves credit for that pick too because we previously didn't pick Russians everq

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

Tryamkin, Juolevi, and Stecher?

Brisebois, Olsen?

Not sure what your point is?  Juolevi looks like a legit top pairing D, Tryamkin looks like a steal in the third round, Stecher looks like a coup on a free, Brisebois looks like a steal in the third round and Olson looks like a very good pick in the 7th round as he got 47 points last year in the WHL. 

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

Not sure what your point is?  Juolevi looks like a legit top pairing D, Tryamkin looks like a steal in the third round, Stecher looks like a coup on a free, Brisebois looks like a steal in the third round and Olson looks like a very good pick in the 7th round as he got 47 points last year in the WHL. 

Niell also looks promissing, if not a tier below the above listed. 

3 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

I took it as you were saying Benning wasn't as good at drafting D talent as forward. Sorry about that I was tired :)

19 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

His drafting skill is great in all areas not just D.

Goalies- Demko in 2nd round, future number one, and then signed Garteig who may be a good backup,minimum,  in a couple years.

Forwards- Boeser, gaudette, Lockwood look like steals where they were picked to name a few. Only questionable one in my mind is virtanen just because of the players drafted around him doing well. But I think virts going to be real gud, it's just going to take time.

Very true. I should have clarified. IMO Boeser should have gone around 7th in 2015 (hindsight I know), so I am quite happy with that pick at 23! And yeah, Lockwood and Gaudette - can't ask for more from those two stellar picks.

And agreed on Virtanen. I hope that management and the coaching staff corrects their mistakes with him and marinates him the proper way in the AHL where he can regain form. I would even be in favour of him being there all year and perhaps part or all of next year. He seems immature but has loads of talent that I believe will in the future justify his spot at #6. We will see, I am an optimist. :)

• Upvote 4

On November 21, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Pearly Jamble said:

Very true. I should have clarified. IMO Boeser should have gone around 7th in 2015 (hindsight I know), so I am quite happy with that pick at 23! And yeah, Lockwood and Gaudette - can't ask for more from those two stellar picks.

And agreed on Virtanen. I hope that management and the coaching staff corrects their mistakes with him and marinates him the proper way in the AHL where he can regain form. I would even be in favour of him being there all year and perhaps part or all of next year. He seems immature but has loads of talent that I believe will in the future justify his spot at #6. We will see, I am an optimist. :)

Hear Hear!  Couldnot agree more. My thoughts as well

This all sounds great, but let's remember that cup winners usually have an all star, near Norris quality, defensemen and at least a couple all stars in addition. This all sounds good but I see that all-star. Here's hoping it's the Fin.