The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

Ha! I figured I'd leave that part out. but to add to the stat line from the game, he was just under 50% on faceoffs (6/13) and went first for his team in the shootout, though he didn't manage to convert.

Not that I know of.

Not bad for a first game in north america, I think hes gonna have an awesome year!

ya would have much preferred me some Pilon. He's a player we actually need Big mean shut down D. I highly doubt Dmitry ever gets a whiff of the nhl. I hope I'm wrong.

It's not like we don't have Tryamkin or Pedan. We have big D prospects in the pipe, so taking a chance on a skilled forward is the better option IMO, even though Pilon is someone I wouldn't have minded seeing us draft as well, despite not ever having seen him play.

I'm surprised Detroit didn't get him before the Canucks. He kinda looks 'Datsukian', and in 3 or 4 years we'll see, I, like others have already mentioned, am glad they took a chance on him.

He's going to be one of those guys, who just helps the team win. He's not flashy. He's just a really good player, who we will be very happy to have.

This kid is the next Datsuyk type player. He's a later round guy from Russia, and he has the Datsukian game. Another HUGE win on that pick. Way to go Benning!!!

The Leafs think they picked the next Datsyuk in the 7th round this year as well.

The Leafs think they picked the next Datsyuk in the 7th round this year as well.

It's kind of baffling Korostelev fell that far actually. Good skater with good size and puck handling who put up decent numbers for the sting.

They definitely got a good player at that spot. The Leafs had a good draft overall actually. Getting Marner, Dermott, Bracco, Timashov, and Desrocher. Smart picks later on especially.

It's kind of baffling Korostelev fell that far actually. Good skater with good size and puck handling who put up decent numbers for the sting.

They definitely got a good player at that spot. The Leafs had a good draft overall actually. Getting Marner, Dermott, Bracco, Timashov, and Desrocher. Smart picks later on especially.

That's a really good point. The Leafs took a lot of little guys, who might not have their skill games translate to the NHL. Those latter picks of some bigger body guys, might actually have a better chance of making the NHL.