The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

"Worst draft in Canuck history."

Dave Pratt

What's he smoking????? Must be suffering from short term memory loss. Has he had a look at the 2007 draft. It couldn't get any worse than that shocker!

Have a look at some of the players on the board when the Canucks made their selections that year.

Makes you want to cry

Just looking at the info they've provided from these pre-season games, Zhukenov, Paquin-Boudreau, and Roy are carrying the power play. Pretty cool considering those two have much more hype around them and Zhuk seems to be right in there with them contributing. Hopefully it's a sign of early chemistry they'll take into the season!

I try to stay level headed and not read into pre-season production; but what I'm getting excited about is that it would seem he's going to be a first line, first unit power play guy this season.

**Edit** I should say it seems he'll at least be a top 6 forward and on the first unit power play.

Edited by wshdrvvn
  • Upvote 1

Yep. The one that looks like he's 7.

This guy looks like a steal. Crap, he does look super young, leaving lots of growth still to come. I think his game, like Datsuyk, is actually better suited to our smaller ice, and more physical play. He's a puck hound, so he will be closer to the play. He is going to be someone the entire league is talking about in a couple of years, when his body begins to physically mature.

In fairness, Bure looked pretty young at 18/19 too...OMG Zhuk is the next BURE!!!! :frantic::frantic::frantic::towel::lol:

I know this is the wrong thread, but Bure was the most exciting player I ever saw. Heck he was exciting even just listening to the games on the radio! How many of us remember where we were in his first game, when on his first shift, he took the puck end to end? I get goose bumps just remembering that moment!

Back to Zhuk. He's, not Bure, but no one is.

• Upvote 1

In fairness, Bure looked pretty young at 18/19 too...OMG Zhuk is the next BURE!!!! :frantic::frantic::frantic::towel::lol:

Bure was also in amazing physical shape though, even when he was young.

Zhuk has alot of hours to put in in the gym if he's gonna come close to being an NHLer.

Zhuk has alot of hours to put in in the gym if he's gonna come close to being an NHLer.

I think someone posted on here, that Zhuk is working out really hard at some special place in the states? I agree, he needs to continue like he to put a lot of hours in the gym, while he physically matures. He looks like a late bloomer, which (IMO) means he could grow still.

Oh absolutely, I was just fooling around ;) Bure may have had a youthful 'baby' face but as you say, he was built like a tank.

The best part is how well he's doing with how small he is. Once he fills out in the next couple years, he could be the steal of the draft.

I think that's what they're banking on.

If he plays the way he does at that size, imagine if he can pack on 25 lbs over the next 3 or 4 years. Then we've got a player on our hands.

That would be unreal if he lit up the Q and was a 1.5 PPG player this season.

That would catapult him up the depth chart pretty quick.

I keep saying he's a puck hound. His game is better suited for our ice and style of play.

How heavy do you think he'll need to get to in order to succeed in the NHL? I think he's only about 160 to 170 .

I keep saying he's a puck hound. His game is better suited for our ice and style of play.

How heavy do you think he'll need to get to in order to succeed in the NHL? I think he's only about 160 to 170 .

Well if Datsyuk is his NHL comparable then I think he'll need another 25-30 lbs at least.

190-195 with a good skating ability would likely be ideal.