The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

Because I don't know any men who look like they're ten years old....

It's obvious he has a lot of maturing to do, there's no way he stays that small for the rest of his life... Some guys mature at age 16, some not till 23, he looks like a late bloomer.

By the time he's fully filled out, I'm sure he would have added atleast 15-25 pounds. Whether he gets taller or not doesn't really matter.

He has way more chance of becoming an impact player than a guy who's his size, puts up similar (or even bigger) numbers, but is already finished growing. your points about growth are well taken.

People gotta stop expecting so much outa these kids, when they don't pan out people take it personally. It's ridiculous.

His odds are slim but just let him play and see....

Maybe we put hope in the prospects now, because our veteran group is old, and not so good any more?

Sedins still preforming at elite levels, vrbata had an amazing year, edler is still in prime, hamhuis has been better but he's still solid. It just seems no one is realistic lol

Do you realize the combined age of these guys? We need an injection of youth into our top minute guys.

People gotta stop expecting so much outa these kids, when they don't pan out people take it personally. It's ridiculous.

You got that right. Why not just enjoy following their junior career? To me that's how you have to approach following prospects. Just enjoy the hockey they are playing right now.

It's so rare for a guy to truly raise his profile during his junior career to get NHL consideration. I get excited keeping up with zhukenov this summer because he seems to be acquitting himself well in NA junior hockey. But it's just that; NA JUNIOR hockey.

No need to heap expectations, positive or negative, on him now. There is no reason to call him the next datsyuk, or say he won't amount to anything because he's a baby face at 18 years old.

Let him progress like any prospect is what I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

Brutal.

NOPE

NHL is a men's league. Not a wiener boy league.

I really hope this is a joke.

Watch him play in any men's league he struggles. He needs ALOT of time

True. How old was Johnny Hockey last year, 22? Zhuk, has A LOT (two words, just saying) of growing to do.

I don't doubt he needs a few years - but if he stays undersized, I could definitely see him being the next Gaudreau. But if he surprises in camp this year and turns out to blow away all expectations, I'm not complaining.

I don't doubt he needs a few years - but if he stays undersized, I could definitely see him being the next Gaudreau. But if he surprises in camp this year and turns out to blow away all expectations, I'm not complaining.

I wouldn't hold your breath though. Saw him at prospects camp and he seemed overwhelmed. Nice to see him excelling with his junior club early though. A full year with them will do wonders for his confidence, and give him time to mature physically and mentally

I wouldn't hold your breath though. Saw him at prospects camp and he seemed overwhelmed. Nice to see him excelling with his junior club early though. A full year with them will do wonders for his confidence, and give him time to mature physically and mentally

I hope so. I don't want to put any expectations on him or anything, but I'd love to see him in a Canucks jersey soon.

Ya i also watched prospects camp and he was very lost out there, extremely soft.... Crafty but just no where near ready.

It won't be soon but his ceiling is high

Ya i also watched prospects camp and he was very lost out there, extremely soft.... Crafty but just no where near ready.

It won't be soon but his ceiling is high

That's what I like to hear! Prospects with high ceilings. It's about bloody time we have guys like this to look forward to. Yes, I agree. He's got a to mature physically. He does look like a little boy right now.

That's what I like to hear! Prospects with high ceilings. It's about bloody time we have guys like this to look forward to. Yes, I agree. He's got a to mature physically. He does look like a little boy right now.

Keep in mind the probability that he hits his ceiling is very slim. It's extremely tough to win the lottery right.

Because I don't know any men who look like they're ten years old....

It's obvious he has a lot of maturing to do, there's no way he stays that small for the rest of his life... Some guys mature at age 16, some not till 23, he looks like a late bloomer.

By the time he's fully filled out, I'm sure he would have added atleast 15-25 pounds. Whether he gets taller or not doesn't really matter.

You should of course point out that there is physical maturity and mental maturity. I think for him to look like that and play the game to the level he does probably means he is not lagging in the latter.

Keep in mind the probability that he hits his ceiling is very slim. It's extremely tough to win the lottery right.

As has been proven by a good few players on our team, not if you put the work and dedication into it.

Most players who make the grade in the NHL from whatever number they are drafted may give the impression that they have some magic formula but if they do, 99% of it is work and dedication to improving.

Do you realize the combined age of these guys? We need an injection of youth into our top minute guys.

Age has very little to do with it, especially if you are talking about the Sedins and I would say most European players. They seem to have a way of extending their shelf life.

Age has very little to do with it, especially if you are talking about the Sedins and I would say most European players. They seem to have a way of extending their shelf life.

That's a really good point. Now that you point that out, many top Euros do play very well into their late 30s. I accept that for the Twins. I still believe we need a youth injection into our top minute guys. We do have Bo, but after him, who? I think guys like Burrows, Higgins, Vrbata, will need to go, so their Spots will be open. Oh, I forgot Sutter is in his prime. That was a smart move by Benning:)

Edited by Alflives